It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:20

Omega Time computer questions

• Author

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Omega Time computer questions

Post24 Mar 2006, 22:37

I've just been told the Omega TC1 wasn't produced in stainless steel, just solid gold, gold filled and white gold filled. Can anyone confirm this so I can end my long and fruitless search for one?

Also there seem to be a some of the white gold filled TC1's which have a stainless steel bracelet. Could this be how they were sold or have the bracelets been added later?

Any help here would be v' much appreciated. DB.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Omega Time computer questions

Post25 Mar 2006, 06:29

The stainless steel bracelets are original; only the case is white goldfilled. If you look closely [especially in sunlight, which has the best spectral characteristics], you will see that the case and bracelet colors don't quite make a perfect match. We seem to have record only of the solid gold production [47 pieces]; the others are a bit of a mystery. I'd keep looking; in our current state of ignorance, anything is possible [but I would guess, if they're out there, they must be less common than the WGF cases], so it might be a long hunt.

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Mar 2006, 15:57

Thanks for that Bruce. I can now end my long and fruitless search for a white goldfilled bracelet to replace the SS one on my white goldfilled TC1 as well...

Now what shall I start hunting after instead :D

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post25 Mar 2006, 22:59

P1? 18K Omega/Executive/Euro Calculator/Date-Command? Lots of treasures to be found out there...

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Mar 2006, 00:01

All way out of my financial league I'm afraid. Also I don't think I could sleep at night if I had a P1 (nightmares about burglars, missing segments, oscilator failures etc). Not a problem for you as you have a couple of spares :wink:

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post26 Apr 2006, 20:26

Hi, with regard to the question about white gold omega tc1(are the stainless bracelets original) i have recently discussed this very point with the extremely helpful Mr jean-Luc Miranda-vintage information at the Omega museum.He states in his email dated 11/4/06
"both TC1 and TC2 were produced in 14k yellow or white gold filled, the bracelets were of course gold filled as well"
The answer horrified me as the three white gold tc1s i own all have stainless bracelets, now i would have to search for the elusive white gold bracelets and no doubt have to pay a fortune for one. In desperation i asked him to re check, though not really expecting a reply for my cheek!!
He replied 25/4/06, attaching a catalogue sheet for the bracelet ref 1203/211 and stating the bracelet exists in 4 versions, none of them white gold and that his original e mail was incorrect, the white gold tc1 WAS supplied with a stainless strap only. So there it is gentlemen, the definitive answer, we can all sleep in peace!! A couple of other things he said in case anyones interested, Omega themselves cannot quote numbers produced for the various versions only the total for a particular caliber. Omega dont possess the fabled solid gold 18k tc1. Any body seen a white gold TC2,?? omega state they produced them!

Return to Omega and GP