Omega TC-3

• Author

The Time Computer

Geek

Geek

Omega TC-3

Post04 Jul 2006, 23:17

Omega TC-3

Someday, when I get time I will include an Omega section to my website. I have a pile of information but just haven?t got to it yet. Of coarse I will only cover the TC related LED Omega models.

Which brings me to revealing that there are six models, not five! You can find a great website featuring the five models commonly known at http://ledwatch.de/omega.htm . If you haven?t discovered this website created by Juergen Hofstaedter in Germany then you will enjoy this site. You will find all of the TC Omega models detailed except for one. As I have known about this watch for years, I have never been able to find the proper Model number. For the time being, we can just call it the TC-3.

The TC-3 is a more modern looking case style, I will post a link as soon as I can get a scan on my server. The bracelet is very similar to the Stainless TC-2. It takes the 1601 module like the TC-2, which is the same as the Pulsar Date-Command module. As most know, the 1601 is merely just the Time Computer 301 module with the Omega name and Logo!

I know of no collector who actually owns a TC-3 but I do suspect there is one collector who has one in Germany (not Juergen) but has never been the type to share so we may never see it. It certainly is one of the rarest LED watches and now that I have reviled it, the price just went up in the event we see one surface on eBay.

Also, all the TC-Omega cases were manufactured in the USA by Star Watch Case Co. Also, there was never a White gold or GF TC-2 model that I know of nor have I ever seen or know of any White gold or GF bracelet for any of the models.

I can say I have researched, with no luck to find or confirm several advertisements that say some TC-1 watches had a Synthetic Sapphire crystal like the Pulsar P1? Because the Pulsar P1 sapphire was developed in Switzerland I would have thought Omega would have used the technology Pulsar developed over there? I would have thought it would have been utilized in the solid 18k units but that is not the case?

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Omega TC-3

Post05 Jul 2006, 20:49

i think there are actually at least two" Unknown" models, the two pusher version with the chamfered sides (which sounds like the one your refering to) and the vertical readout model. I'll try and post these images but if they don't show then i've cocked it up :oops:

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Jul 2006, 20:50

i cocked it up -help :D

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post05 Jul 2006, 21:14

gjlelec wrote:i cocked it up -help :D

Are you uploading your pics to a picture hosting website first? If not then may I suggest www.flickr.com, but there are loads of others you can use, but found flickr real easy to use.

Hope this helps..
It is here! It is now!

The Time Computer

Geek

Geek

Post05 Jul 2006, 22:11

gjlelec wrote:i cocked it up -help :D

Here's a link that will let you look at the watch I previously spoke of...and yes it sounds like you may have seen this one before. The scans are high resolution incase sombody wants to print them out.

http://www.oldpulsars.com/memodin.htm

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Jul 2006, 22:24

I was always lead to believe this one was a prototype, that never made it into production. Well that's what I heard :roll:

The Time Computer

Geek

Geek

Post06 Jul 2006, 20:00

Mr Frequency 32768hz wrote:I was always lead to believe this one was a prototype, that never made it into production. Well that's what I heard :roll:

You may be correct, I thought that at first until I saw it in this watch reapir book? I find it odd they would pick that particular Omega but it may very well be a prototype. As I don't have any other information on this watch I am in hopes something from this forum will surface.

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jul 2006, 15:40

Synthetic Sapphire crystal like the Pulsar P1? Because the Pulsar P1 sapphire was developed in Switzerland

Funny that ? ... All of my P-1's have synthetic Ruby time screens !!

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jul 2006, 16:04

Simon Alexander wrote:
Synthetic Sapphire crystal like the Pulsar P1? Because the Pulsar P1 sapphire was developed in Switzerland

Funny that ? ... All of my P-1's have synthetic Ruby time screens !!

Technically sapphire is correct. Ruby is a form of the gem sapphire. The term Ruby designates a sapphire of deep red color. You're both right.

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jul 2006, 17:43

Jon, I accept what you are saying, but I'm taking a reference from Time Computer's own description, and not my own interpretation of a word.

However, its not important...

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post10 Jul 2006, 03:35

Simon,
I understand exactly what you mean and you're right. I was just trying to be accurate. It's my nature.

Dig-it-all

Geek

Geek

Post25 Jul 2006, 01:01

I did have a picture of this watch in an Omega catalogue and it was in colour. However, it was an artists impression, you know, coloured in. Think it was yellow for gold. I have just ransacked my files and cannot find it. It must be somewhere!

LED

Geek

Geek

Post19 Aug 2006, 02:08

Thank you for kindly mentioning my Omega article on ledwatch.de :)

I knew about this model when I wrote it 7 years ago but I didn't add it to the list for two reasons: The fellow collector who gave me this infomation did not want it to be published :roll: and I did never see one in reality nor even a picture, also not lateron. So still today I am not sure whether this model ever went into regular production?

Return to Omega and GP