It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:34

Constellation

• Author

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Constellation

Post22 Nov 2006, 13:22

There's a fair bit of information on the web about the TC1 and 2 but nothing much even on this forum about the Constellation models. From what I gather there were 2 - both SS and 14k GF (80 micron?). Does anyone have any further information about them - numbers made, what type of module, length of production etc. Are they smaller than the TC?Are they considered collectable and what is a rough guide to the going rate. I know there's at least 2 on ebay at the moment but I'm not planning on bidding - Christmas is coming and I'm hosting the invasion/family gathering this year......

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Constellation

Post23 Nov 2006, 17:58

Hi, you are correct, the Constellation models- caliber 1602 were available in yellow gold filled or stainless versions (gd 396.0833 or st 396.0833). Inroduced in 1974, the common name Constellation is not strictly correct for this model as the TC1 and TC2 were all part of the Constellation range, Omega refer to it as a Time Computer 3. Though no production figures are listed, i assume they had a production run similar to the previous models of 15000. I'm pretty certain the module was sourced (as per the later "Digital" model) from Frontier, though i'm sure someone on the forum can confirm/ correct that. As far as collecting goes, the constellation seems to be the least popular model of the whole range, the module is not as reliable as the previous Pulsar version and you never seem to see them in good condition either. They are thinner than the TC's, not as modern looking as the later "Digital" and in my opinion just pig ugly!! I have a few but wouldn't wear one out :D

Fitron

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Constellation

Post23 Nov 2006, 23:20

So, ugly and unreliable. Guess I won't be buying one of these then.

Solution - save up and buy a TC 1 :idea:

Thanks for your advice and showing me the light. :wink:

Return to Omega and GP