It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:43

crystal/timescreen for sale?

• Author

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

crystal/timescreen for sale?

Post19 Dec 2006, 23:21

hi, anyone got a crystal/timescreen for a tc2 that they would like to sell? thanks..

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Re: crystal/timescreen for sale?

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

Re: crystal/timescreen for sale?

Post30 Dec 2006, 22:57

Thanks Rich...

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

re: crystal/timescreen for sale?

Post22 Feb 2007, 21:15

Just got mine in the mail from Omega Swatch Toronto who ordered it from Omega Bienne.

It is for the tc 2 and has white printing for the stainless model, cost $250 Canadian. I will post the picture when I get back from a YVR HNL SYD HNL YVR trip. I will be replacing the existing crystal and adding new springs to the original pushers,

Cheers, Geoff

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

Post25 Feb 2007, 21:29

hi, nice watch geoff..... i got my timescreen, now i need to fit it, can anyone talk me through the best way to remove and fit the little beauty... the old one seems to be WELL fixed in. ive heard that putting the case in the oven will do it (what gas mark? :) ) but will this interfere with the buttons? fitting seems to be quite straight forward but just need to make sure i use the correct adhesive... thanks in advance for any advice, f.e.a.r.

Colin G

Post25 Feb 2007, 23:17

Everyone uses the oven but I use a hairdryer. Make a "nest" with a towel, put the case in it and point the hairdryer at the back of the crystal on full heat. You will need to leave it on for a few minutes then using the towel or gloves push firmly from the back.
It will be VERY hot, be carefull.

f.e.a.r

Techie

Techie

Post27 Feb 2007, 22:14

many thanks to colin g and bruce wegmann (pm message) for the advice... regards, f.e.a.r.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Mar 2007, 06:36

Haven't done the hair dryer thing but just did my Bulova driver, 5 minutes in the oven at 200'C or 400'F. Popped out. Cleaned the epoxy residue on the crystal and case with laquer thinner. Did not affect the enamel printing on the lense.

My pulsar 1 also done the same way with no effect on the pushers.

I intend to remove my Omega T2 pushers along with the crystal for installation of new metal springs.

Will post later

Geoff

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Mar 2007, 22:37

Hi Geoff, i look forward to your progress on the pushers, having never been brave enough to try this myself, i am led to believe the removal side of things is the easy bit, its the resoldering thats that requires the skill-good luck :D

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Mar 2007, 06:50

Have done it to a Pulsar I that was jam packed full of jam? Used a rubber covered clamp to hold the watch. Removal was easy, resolder just finicky. The trick is to make sure the watch is attached to the work bench firmly. Then, oh heck, I will take pictures of the entire process and post them when I get back to Vancouver next Friday.

Off to Sydney and will check out a watch supply house with many omega NOS parts, want to see if they have any electronic omega parts in stock.

Cheers, Geoff

Return to Omega and GP