It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:04

Am I upset!

• Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Am I upset!

Post06 Jun 2007, 19:03

Purchased a new crystal for my Time Computer II. Removed the old scratched one, resurfaced the brushed portions of the case and polished the bezel.

New seals and cleaned the gunk out of the pushers which now work correctly.

Installed, and here is the clincher, a new Omega T II crystal ($250.00) in place, wiped the crystal down with a damp cloth and some alcohol to remove residual silicon grease and finger prints.

GUESS WHAT happened, the logo and Omega symbol came off the crystal. It's painted on!!!!!!!! Checked the original and it is obviously enameled under temperature. Not even acetone will remove it.

So now I have a perfect TII with no identification on the crystal.

what to do, what to do?

I know I will be sending Omega a little letter, after all $250.00 for a new crystal for a painted logo?

What do you think I should do?

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

re: Am I upset!

Post21 Jun 2007, 01:50

as mentioned twice already - contact T-bird who will make you a new logo that will last

redled

Techie

Techie

Re: re: Am I upset!

Post21 Jun 2007, 02:18

azimuth_pl wrote:as mentioned twice already - contact T-bird who will make you a new logo that will last

...and demand the original vendor cover the cost.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

re: Am I upset!

Post21 Jun 2007, 20:41

WHAT ???, inform Omega that you are getting their crystal re- printed and ask them to pay :x

redled

Techie

Techie

Re: re: Am I upset!

Post21 Jun 2007, 22:35

gjlelec wrote:WHAT ???, inform Omega that you are getting their crystal re- printed and ask them to pay :x

Well, they deserve to be held accountable in some way for charging $250 for a crystal that clearly falls far short of the original quality. For that amount of money it should at the very least be as good as the original. This is not commerce, it's predation.

Return to Omega and GP