It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:11

Any Significance?

• Author

Skip

Any Significance?

Post23 Jan 2013, 01:41

Hi All,

Last week I stumbled across an Omega 1603 LED watch. It works fine. As much as I love these vintage LEDs, I plan on putting it up on eBay. I'd like to know if what is engraved on the battery hatch has any special significance. Hence, I am posting the question here. The Hatch is dated Dec 17 1977 and it says "C.D.". Are those just someone's initials?

Thanks!

Omega2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Any Significance?

Post23 Jan 2013, 18:18

i have a few led omega's here and they don't have it so i presume like you that it's someone initials. :-)
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post23 Jan 2013, 19:00

Christian Dior? ;* The guy who did the steal stamping hasn´t done a very professional job. I mean the stamps are totally out of the middle and the arrangement doesn´t go with the planetarium. Anyway, I like this watch in that it perfectly fits my wrist size. Moreover it has this great italic display and the extra nice polished area around the mineral glass.

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Jan 2013, 00:42

Hi, yes this is indeed extra engraving but I like how it dates the watch. I never worry about engraving as you cannot see them when you wear the watch.

Return to Omega and GP