It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 15:16

Omega TC2 White GoldFill version

• Author

ibuyufly09

Nerd

Nerd

Omega TC2 White GoldFill version

Post31 Aug 2014, 17:26

I just recently purchased a led watch lot and one of the watches was a Omega TC2 in white goldfill I have never seen one or heard of one before couldnt find anything on the net about it ,seems to be quite rare anyone have one or seen one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Omega TC2 White GoldFill version

Post01 Sep 2014, 11:38

A few years back on the now defunct dwf.cc, i raised the question about this watch. No one had ever seen one but Omega in the " vintage watches" section of their site did indeed list a Time Computer II in white goldfill, they even had a pic of one.The reference was "GF396031 on the base 196.0039- "GF" denoting "white goldfill 80 microns" (yellow goldfill is GD,ST stainless steel, solid 18ct yellow gold is BA). The new crappy all singing all dancing site doesnt list it. Looks like you may have a real rarity there

ibuyufly09

Nerd

Nerd

Post01 Sep 2014, 13:06

Thanks for the info,I couldnt believe it when I first looked at it but knew I had something special and decided to get the watch restored back to its factory condition-so its on its way back to Omega Switzerland hope they do a good job as the case has a nick in it,I'm sure it will be no issue for them once I get it back I will post new pictures.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post01 Sep 2014, 13:31

I thought the whole Time Computer range was on Omegas "we wont touch them now" list along with some noticeable others ,the Marine, Megaquartz, F300 etc And i cant see how they will repair the ding without replating the watch. The "white" gold (actually a dullish grey colour) maybe 80 microns but the outer finish is rhodium, a couple of microns thick at best

ibuyufly09

Nerd

Nerd

Post01 Sep 2014, 18:54

Yes after speaking with Omega Canada they stated that if they cant do the work it they will send it to Switzerland to be replated can only go by what they mentioned hopefully everything goes well and the watch will look like it did 30+ years ago.

Return to Omega and GP