It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:45

A package from Biel

• Author

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

A package from Biel

Post30 Dec 2016, 12:06

Today I´ve received an interesting package from Biel, hometown of Omega. I just made a few fast pictures of the Omega Constellation Time Computer II. It´s a watch I bought at ebay.com just before Christmas. I am sure the seller would have made twice the selling price if he would have sold it at ebay.de, but now it´s in my hands :mega:

The package finally came today:

View on the back side of the bracelet. Except that it´s golden, it looks like a standard TC2 bracelet for the stainless version. Unfortunately I don´t have a stainless TC2, otherwise I could compare them. I will measure the links today and maybe a kind member of the forum here could measure the link length of his stainless TC2.

Side view. The Omega logo and lettering are shiny. On most TC2s 14K gf watches I had the lettering had a matt finish, although I found one or two over the time which also came with a shiny lettering.

Side view. Also the inner part of the folded bracelet has been gold plated. (Even the spring bars)

Constellation TC2 - Pulsar P3. I am quite sure the watches share the buttons.

View on the Clasp. What looks to be a gold plated bracelet for a stainless TC2 comes with a standard TC1 clasp

Back view. The back plate and ring looks to be standard.

View on the module with 1601 sticker. I am sure this is not the original module which came with the watch. But it´s clean, original Omega and I am sure the original module wasn´t different from the one currently placed in the watch.

Signs of a leaked battery inside the case.

And a detail shot of all parts

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: A package from Biel

Post30 Dec 2016, 14:06

congrats..it's in the right hands. :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Dec 2016, 17:05

Very nice watch. I'm sure it can be made to look like new.
I like the decoy post when someone mentioned this Omega was up for auction on eBay... "Not a nice watch and only seen it once before. But interesting. Thanks for posting! " :grin1:

Adam

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Dec 2016, 17:10

Ha Ha. Yes, good spot Mr Frequency, busted Hanno! Is it still not a nice watch? I actually liked it but im into a bit of brutalist design.

Happy New year.

Adam
http://www.digital-watch.com - online database of 2000+ watches, manuals and adverts from the 70s-90s
http://www.vintagelcd.com - Vintage Digital Watches for sale

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Dec 2016, 18:47

:grin1: :grin1: :grin1: :grin1: Got me!

Well I had the watch on my watch list (<-- good word) at ebay before someone mentioned the auction here at newdwf. Arrgghh, that usually means you pay big bucks, so in a way or another I had to improve my chances for a good price again. It worked! :O`~

:dwf: :dwf: :dwf:

Mr Frequency 32768hz

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post30 Dec 2016, 19:11

I was also watching. When it was posted up on DWF I also thought.....Nooooooooo :grin1: I knew my £1000 bid wouldn't win. I went for the last second "gotta win it" £1500 frantic bid, but I was too late.. gone
Congratulations I love it.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post31 Dec 2016, 14:59

As previously stated, that must be the rarest Omega led out there. Congrats Hanno

Return to Omega and GP