It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 21:22

Synchronar in Solid Gold

• Author

Lordpulsar

Techie

Techie

Synchronar in Solid Gold

Post07 Feb 2006, 23:41

Does anyone know if the Synchronar was made in 18k SG ?

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Re: Synchronar in Solid Gold

Post08 Feb 2006, 05:34

I have an 8/91 price list that shows an 18k. solid gold version with 3 different formats. 12/12hr. at $1200.00, 12/24hr. at $1205.00 and 24/24hr. at $1210.00. Also, I remember Roger telling me that a Titanium version was available by special order. Just as a reference, the lowest price Synchronar at that time was a stainless steel version with an ecomomy band and no bar on the case top in 12/12hr. format for $149.95. I should have bought one then.

dot matrix

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Post08 Feb 2006, 22:22

notonly1 wrote:Also, I remember Roger telling me that a Titanium version was available by special order.

I spoke to Roger a few years after you did regarding the Titanium version of the case. He told me that he had stopped making them as there were problems with it. I don't remember the details of just what the problems were, though.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post09 Feb 2006, 03:26

dot matrix wrote:
notonly1 wrote:Also, I remember Roger telling me that a Titanium version was available by special order.

I spoke to Roger a few years after you did regarding the Titanium version of the case. He told me that he had stopped making them as there were problems with it. I don't remember the details of just what the problems were, though.

I'm sure that there were problems with the Titanium case, but my conversation with him about this was actually many years after he sent me the price list. I don't think it was more than 5 or 6 years ago. I could be off a little.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Feb 2006, 20:42

The Titanium cases were difficult to make and many were rejected due to for the most part the bar in the middle being too thin and to the point that you could actualy bend the bar with two fingers. I know this because I was the one making watches from start to finish from 1985- till about Nov 1990. During that time I myself put together atleast a dozen or more Titaniums while rejecting a greater majority for slight flaws.
I can imagine there were some made (5-15) after 1991 by my father but at this time most records are still in NY so in the future I can answer things more presicely.

Where is the link or steps to take scans and post them?
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post10 Feb 2006, 22:38

To get your pics on here you need to firstly get your pics uploaded and hosted on the web.

I use http://www.flickr.com

simple to open an account and upload you watch pics.

flickr will give you a choice of sizes and corresponding url's, cut 'n' paste the url you want into here - remember to use the img tags.

but this pic does not show how to build the img string, so in the example below I have put a space after the .jpg to make the link fail, so you can see it's construction.

It is here! It is now!

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Post11 Feb 2006, 02:13

Synchroserious wrote:The Titanium cases were difficult to make and many were rejected due to for the most part the bar in the middle being too thin and to the point that you could actualy bend the bar with two fingers. I know this because I was the one making watches from start to finish from 1985- till about Nov 1990. During that time I myself put together atleast a dozen or more Titaniums while rejecting a greater majority for slight flaws.
I can imagine there were some made (5-15) after 1991 by my father but at this time most records are still in NY so in the future I can answer things more presicely.

Howard,
Thanks very much for the clarification on the titanium cases and I'm looking forward to additional information on these watches when you have a chance to check the records.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Feb 2006, 04:59

Hi. Thanks for your interest and I hope to release more historical info down the line.

My scans from office depot are too large in size mb,s to upload onto flicker or photobucket.com. I may loose quality in going less mb,s. The average scan of five is 32 mb,s. If someone has a suggestion that would be great.Nonetheless these images will be available soon at my regular site.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Synchronar