Re: Synchronars back in production!

Post15 Mar 2006, 18:14

Ouch, that price kind of bites!

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post15 Mar 2006, 22:50

But for a brand new reliable working black synch, it's what i'd expect, even if it is too painfull for my pocket :)

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post16 Mar 2006, 04:07

Perhaps now, with the use of modern components, and todays' manufacturing techniques, this watch will fully live up to its' designers' expectations. Given that, at US$1200, this doesn't strike me as being an overpriced watch. It took an impressive effort to make this Phoenix rise from its' ashes.

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post16 Mar 2006, 14:55

Maybe I could sell my collection of Led and buy that Synchronar...
Anyone interested? I have some Pulsar's , Wittnauer,Hamilton, Compu Chron...
I was writing this as a joke , but I'm begining to wonder...

collector

Techie

Techie

Post16 Mar 2006, 16:17

I have been following the "Synchronar" story for years. Based on everything I have read over the years (elsewhere and on this forum), I never had the "immediate urge" to "obtain" one of these for many reasons; (LONG delivery times, quality (see review on this forum), unwillingness to buy a Synchronar resale / used one, etc).

Maybe / hopefully this new version will be all that has been promised. Having had problems with the new Junghans Mega 1000 leaves me very cautious. If a company like Junghans has problems - what will be the problems with this new Synchronar be? Hopefully the "first purchasers" (not me) will write some decent / honest reviews of this watch.

If the reviews are positive, maybe then I'll spring for one as I really do like its design and features. I do wonder why this one has not been sold immediately, Price / unreviewed, etc,???

Ragen

Post16 Mar 2006, 19:29

Does anyone know if any of these new sychronars will be going to those of us who have already paid for one and never received it?
Perhaps Synchroserious could answer this question.

collector

Techie

Techie

Post16 Mar 2006, 20:02

I was being nice in my previous post on this thread. Ragen's question is to the point and a key reason as to why I never ordered a Synchronar in the past. I never thought I would get one delivered even if I paid for one.

To Ragen's point, before Howard starts selling "New Watches", I feel he should deliver a watch to those who already paid for one. If the new ones cost more, he can offer a "true-up cost opportunity" to the buyers who paid for a watch already. If the buyer says no to the increased cost - the right thing to do in my opinion would be to return the money already paid!!!!

Deek

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Mar 2006, 20:04

Thanks for the info everyone. I was ready to bid on this new watch and only after reading these posts I wouldn't want to deal with anyone who hasn't owned up to their responsibilities to fill the orders that have been waiting for years. It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe someone can explain why they would put out a new one with all of the other orders not filled? It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. Good Luck. Deek

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post17 Mar 2006, 21:18

I think you are a bit hard on Howard , yes he should fulfill the previous orders (how many by the way ?) and I m sure he will but he needs to start a cash flow to revive the Synchronar story.
It wasn't his job nor its entreprise , we should be all glad that he tries to keep the legend alive.
If he had been as easy as entering a shop and ask for a synchronar , it wouldn't be the myth it is today...
I would buy the new model if I had the money and it comes with a 3 years warranty.

Deek

Nerd

Nerd

Post17 Mar 2006, 21:32

Isn't the fellow selling these his (Rogers) son? I commend him for starting up again but how could he not be connected if it was his Father's business? In order to continue his business he should finish what was on the table. Just one opinion but I would be sick if I win the bid and then nothing showed up. He won't answer emails about the watch on ebay so I have my answer....

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:14

Maybe we should read this first:

"I have 1 new Synchronar RWR LE series(legacy edition) in Black or Stainless. I need to sell at e-bay if I do not get a PM before this time tomorrow.
I hope everyone understands that it would be my dream come true to one day have enough parts and interest to get the price back to $700-$900, but meanwhile I need to sell a few a month just to make a few for the RR small group of backlog orders that I have no responsibility for other than I do care.
It should also be noted that the few people he had no chance to satisfy would allready have the MK V on their wrist and the coffe table booklet of interesting history on the watch by now had he not fell Ill.Some of which you will see soon after a few details are ironed out with the scans sent out last week"

synchroneus= R.Rhiel son=howard Rhiel

So you didn't place your bid, did you?You can still contact him thru this forum...

Ragen

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:22

Thats all very well but surely if he takes on his fathers business he is responsible for back orders, maybe you would feel different if you were out of pocket.
By the way, ive sent him messages on here and on Ebay......no reply.

LiquidLed

Techie

Techie

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:27

Personally, I don't see a problem that the synchonar has started selling to the general public first....infact i see it as the only way people with outstanding orders will get their desired watch(s).

few points

1. Why should the son pick up the pieces from fathers business?

2. by selling watches again will help in financing his capital in which im sure he will be generating.

3. If I was in the same position i would start selling, then when the business has settled down (if that is possible, without being shot down) would i do the back log. As I see it unless you have loads of dosh then this is the only solution.

I commend and encourage Howard and wish him good luck.
It is here! It is now!

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:37

Good luck to him , and i hope all the people wainting for their orders won't wait too long any more.
I've sent him messages and I get reply , not quick but reply, the last one I received was yestersay or the day before...

Ragen

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:41

Maybe next time you could ask him to contact me and not just his potential new customers.

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:47

It's done , we'll see...

Ragen

Post17 Mar 2006, 22:50

Thank you, i appreciate it.

dot matrix

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Digital Guy <br>(Forum Founder)

Post18 Mar 2006, 00:37

I can't presume to speak for Howard, but it seems to me that many of the questions people are asking in this thread have already been answered in the item listing itself.

As to why he is selling a new watch instead of using it to fill one of Roger's backlogs:
PLEASE ENTER YOUR BID ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THAT WAY OTHERS CAN ENJOY WHAT I AM TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH WITHOUT DELAY.

I would guess that those "others" include some of us forum members. Whoever buys this watch is thus helping to fund the production of Synchronars for the rest of us.

As to Deek's concern that
Deek wrote:I was ready to bid on this new watch and only after reading these posts I wouldn't want to deal with anyone who hasn't owned up to their responsibilities to fill the orders that have been waiting for years. It doesn't make sense to me.

First of all, Roger's responsibilities are not Howard's. If Howard chooses to fulfill them, that is a gift, pure and simple, on his part. Not an obligation.

As to whether or not he would ship this watch to the bid winner, just check out his 100% positive feedback rating on ebay.
LED watches are quiet and polite. No ticking, no tocking, no beeping, no buzzing; they will only tell you the time when you ask to see it and they will do so instantly with no attention-seeking animations. A more civilized watch for a more civilized age.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post18 Mar 2006, 01:50

I agree with dot matrix. As a non sychronar owner/pending sychronar owner, i'm speaking impartially when I say that it seems the only obligation Rogers son has to service his fathers outstanding orders, is a moral one. No legal obligation at all. That's a tough cookie to swalow, for those that are owed watches, but at least Howad appears to be making an effort, and I hope those with outstanding orders do get a result soon (before the year's up?).

My only concern for the reborn Synchronar, is that it's too big for a one person enterprise, but perhaps too small for another watch manufacturer to take an interest in? The worst case scenario being a repeat of the last situation, but I say good luck Howard, and hope it all goes well for everyone.

Deek

Nerd

Nerd

Post18 Mar 2006, 02:45

Good points made here on the forum. Different opinions for sure but a good discussion. I feel better about the possibility of bidding on this as I really would like to have one. I hope to hear from him soon. Thanks to everyone.

Ragen

Post18 Mar 2006, 16:14

Its good to hear different views on this subject from both old and potential new customers and i guess at the end of the day if Howard chooses to take on the backlog or not, it really is up to him.................just would have been nice to hear from him.
Next

Return to Synchronar