It is currently 16 May 2024, 19:22

synchronar 2100 gold case

• Author

tin-man1

synchronar 2100 gold case

Post11 Jun 2006, 03:46

My brother gave me this watch knowing that I just started collecting watches. Is the case gold or plated? The band is gold filled. I held it under the light for a few minutes and nothing happened. My wife wanted me to have new rechargeable batteries put in it. The case looks like it has never been opened so I left it alone. It has the band down the middle and their is no wear on the case or band. Any idea what is's worth. I don' have any documentation or the original box.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Re: synchronar 2100 gold case

Post12 Jun 2006, 17:17

Welcome, You will have to inspect the the watch in all varying light conditions to determine SG from GP.Do you see any tiny area that looks more stainless than Gold? Where the band joins the case you may see some wear from the band being hinged in different directions over the years.Also the four corners on the bottom is an area that wears.If you gave me the Sr# I can determine more info.It is located on the right hand side adjacent to looking at the display.Bright light mat be needed to see the #.Older MK I and MKII modules have the Sr# on the bottom, visible thru the transparent bottom. If the bottom/back is black then you have a MKIII Circa 1977----1981 or the MK IV 1981-------------------.If you have a solid gold case the watch is worth 5 times more.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

tin-man1

Post13 Jun 2006, 03:38

I appreciate the reply. I don't see any stainless shining thru. My son found the Serial# 60664, his eyes are much better than mine. Any information is appreciated. Again thanks

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post15 Jun 2006, 17:23

No problem, I am here anytime to help,all you have to do is hit the PM button and you will get a reply.Next you could weigh the case all by itself and if it is over 19.5 grams you have solid gold.Your watch was made in the first quarter of 1978, MKIII.This is not relevent to your watch but I forgot to mention that after 1996 the mold was changed to allow for a Stainless Steel bottom plate. Howard
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Synchronar