People are getting their watches?

• Author

bitfiend

Techie

Techie

People are getting their watches?

Post14 Oct 2006, 08:52

Cool!

I ordered a solid gold and a stainless a few months before Roger passed. I hope Howard has me somewhere on the list....can't wait!

nemo3000

: People are getting their watches?

Post05 Jul 2007, 16:06

Hello,

I got the same problem as you.
Back in 1997 I have sent back my watch for Roger Riehl to change the module.
Been talking on the phone once a year since...
Understanding I needed to be patient as he was not running a factory but a workshop almost alone.
But now since he sadly passed away... I don't know if my good old watch will be back...

If not,
I will have an original box "Riehl" to sale to a collector.
Pictures on request.

Regards
Nemo

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Jul 2007, 18:10

Thank you for the condolence letter but there is no shelf with the WC(White Chrome) case SUNWATCH without band you sent.I did manage to find record of the $100.00 you sent.A while back I was on a mission to retrieve any such items sent to my father since 1997 but was alone in the effort.All the work I did to organise and prepare them for delivery to my atelier in Florida was a waste of time because the said objects were never delivered to me as promissed.They went into a black hole in space and got mixxed in with what Barry calls his.
Some here are facinated that I was unable to perform helping guys like you and the people that founded this forum.Some love to buy from good old Barry instead of buying from me which might help some poor souls out there.All I can do is offer a total discount or credit toward the purchase of a watch from me.One day all kinds of nice photos and helpful info will be at the official site,but the pace on support of my work is constantly bogged down.On the other side I have received a fair amount of support from members here and am gratefull for their contributions.

Not sure exactly what happened in your communications with my father before he passed.He usually made a notation whenever he spoke with someone.All I know is everyone claims to have spoken to him numerous times now that he is not here.

Even though the 7 year limit on claiming property is over and the fact that there is no CCCorporation or responsibility of surviving family for said corporation. I will send you a non working SW module in a SW-WC case like you sent.Also included would be a FREE! SW band in case you misplaced yours from a decade ago.

About $25.00 for shipping to France would cover it.You can then sell the package at ebay and get refunded.BTW the presentation (gift) box you have is not usually referred to as the case in watch terminology{edit oops sorry I see here you did call it a box,I had it confused with the photo in your email where you referred to it as a"CASE"}.It has value and would complete your ebay package.
Last edited by Synchroserious on 06 Jul 2007, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Jul 2007, 18:23

Bitfiend if your still out there I hope to resolve your matter one day which is a much larger transaction and in this millenium.

nemo3000

Post24 Aug 2007, 00:25

Hello Howard.

The past is the past and I understand now how it can be difficult to track any previous order.
I am also in a middle of an inheritance since my father and my uncle passed away and it's a very hard time dealing with the past, the memory and the greed...

Anyway I need to be a little more accurate.
I bought the Synchronar 2100 for my 30th birthday in 1996. I remember it arrived late and with a problem on the case.
The window wasnot clearly defined. I called your father and he was very sorry and send me another case ASAP.
I love my watch. It was like a G shock straight from the past ;-)
Until one day. I removed it from my arm as I was repairing the ceiling in my mother in law place. I fembled and fall with the watch on the floot.
The strap was pushed on the back of the module killing it.
I sent it back to your father. (The complete watch: strap module and 2nd case)
He told me he could not fix it and need to make anothe one.

So I was obliged to wait for another batch.
I called him every year from 1997 to 2003 if I remember well.
Last time he told me that I should not worry, I will have my watch...
Also thank to him I was able to meet in Montmartre our famous watch collector and book author from Netherland.
Your father send to me the President Mubarak photos with the golden synchronar and the photo with Gordon Cooper.
We talk about politics (his passion as I remember), taxes, and even his new wife and family and his health...

As for the price, I remember to pay 250 dollars for the 2100.
(Your father told me on the year 2100 something should happen if you were you watch ! Some patience is needed... ;-) )
ANd to pay again 100 dollars for the next to come module.
We talk also about the Mark 4. I asked him a buzzing alarm... LOL!

Anyway, time passed and somewhere after 2003 I fell stupid to call him again and to wait. I'm not a collector but a user, my older lectronic watch is a Citzen Aqualand from 1986 and I still wear a casio from 1991...
Somewhere I know there is second hand no module Synchronar 2100 with some scratch on the band and the case (I used it for diving).
Perharps it has been dispatched by mistake somewhere. No big deal.

Now if you offer me a souvenir of it for 25$ I would be glad to accept.
Just tell me how to proceed.

Best regards
jean Manuel Nemo Moreau

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post24 Aug 2007, 02:44

I can only go by what is documented and that is that you sent in a Synchronar module for replacement,but sent it in a SW WC(white chrome) case and NO BAND.You obviously first heard of and bought a Sunwatch in the eighties most likely direct mail from an ad in a magazine.

Then later you purchased the Synchronar model for your 30 th birthday and when you accidently smashed it you returned it with your SW WC case.Nobody in France would have known about the watch or how to contact him in 1996 unless they had already owned a watch.The last ad for the watch was in Esquire magazine in 1983.No internet articles back then. So he gave you a discount since you only had it a short while at $100.00 to replace the module.I guess the years you let lapse and not excepting back what you sent in led to all the delays and misunderstanding.

So here we are 10 years later. Use paypal or have your friend Oliver do it and I will send a similar SW WC case with broken Synchronar module like you sent to him.There was no band sent in according to record but I will send you one anyway.Once you trade a module in it is gone and not still sitting somewhere to be found.

Oliver said you didn't want a broken watch for souvenier but if yoiu want a refund I have suggested on my previous post how to go about it.

Regards, Howard

nemo3000

Post24 Aug 2007, 10:19

Hello Howard.

I understand you can only "believe" what you find in your log.
But your assumptions are false.

I can assure you :
1- I never bought any Sun Watch in the eighties
2 I never send back only the module in a sun watch case.

By the way what is the name you got in your log ?
Perharps I was not the only customer in France ?

I was looking for a LED watch in 1995, as my wife wanted to offer me a gift for my birthday.

Now where did I heard about the Synchronar back in 1995... ?
Someone where talking on the Net (on the first Wtahc forum) that the best Solar Watch was the Synchronar made by Roger Riehl at Custom Circuits.

I found the telephone number and I contacted the company.
FIrst I did not understand it was Roger I was talking too.
As the first words I heard of him on the phone was "Custom Circuits ?"

After my first chat contact with your father he send me a lot of information for me to choose wihch model. I got a beautiful add in color and other in black and white... 6 models of watch.
Then I call him by phone to have some advice.
My first choice was the 2100 ceramic, but he told me the ceramic would chip on the bar so I order a 2100 stainless steel.
You know the ret of the story.

This is my truth.
I'm sorry you won't believe me but I am not a liar.

Now since 1997 I don't own any thing from Custom Circuits but the gidt box.
Eventually, I kept only the gift box (it was for my birthday...) which has been sold to a fellow forumite (Olivier). (I paid the box 15 dollars to your father)
IF I was owning a case and a strap don't you think I would have sold them to him too ? (or would you assume I lost them in some black hole?)

What is your point ? Do you think I want to have from you some bonus watch ?
No.
For me this case is closed. I won"t waste my time with any false assumptions.
Good luck with your ebay auction as it seems your priority.

JM Moreau

nemo3000

Post24 Aug 2007, 10:22

And no:
I don't want a refund.
If y watch is lost. Let it be.

JM

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post24 Aug 2007, 16:50

Dead thread guys...it is going nowhere...I would be inclined to lock it.
I think Howard has explained his end of the time-line fairly well. He is a son, putting together watches and parts that were part of his father's estate, not a continuation of the business his father had built. Even a skilled watchsmith can not fix "the time past". :cry:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Synchronar