Synchronar 2100 Mk II

• Author

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

Synchronar 2100 Mk II

Post11 May 2007, 16:29

Hi

I've finally got my hands on a working Synchronar. What an amazing and unique design. I agree with Phil, the designer must have been a genius. I'd say he had a huge amount of commitment and passion for his project and business too. It's good to see Howard continuing the family tradition, it would be a shame to see the Synchronar go out of production.

I do have a question for those of you who know about these things: how do you adjust the time on a Mk II? I was told it's magnet set but I can't find any setting proceedures on the net and it doesn't appear to be anything like a magnet set Pulsar.

Paul
Last edited by paulmondays on 12 May 2007, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

re: Synchronar 2100 Mk II

Post11 May 2007, 19:43

Hi Paul,

I am looking forward to my Mark iv from Howard and have tracked down some instructions for it.

This site may help as it has instructions but not specifically for the Mk II:

http://rtc.mulu.nu/documentation.php

I am sure others will jump right in, especially Howard as he is VERY keen about the Synchronar, rightly so, and has enthusiasm plus for the watch.

Cheers, Geoff

leddwatch

Banned

Post11 May 2007, 20:21

The designer RR, was a genius to be sure!

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post11 May 2007, 20:52

Your right, for plain perfect looking and IMHO, a thoroughly timeless design (excuse the pun) let alone packed with innovative ideas.

Cheers, Geoff

ps have to stare at your avatar until mine arrives in person!

redled

Techie

Techie

Re: re: Synchronar 2100 Mk II

Post12 May 2007, 00:41

767Geoff wrote:Your right, for plain perfect looking and IMHO, a thoroughly timeless design...

That's exactly what so many of us with nonworking Synchronar's find so frustrating!

sorry, couldn't resist :shock:

In spite of it's designed-in shortcomings, which I personally will never understand the justification of based on the inherent and known limitations of the technology used, the creativity and originality demonstrated in its overall conception and design,taking into account the time frame of it's development, does indeed indicate an element of genius on the part of its inventor. IMO of course.

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

Post12 May 2007, 10:39

Thanks for your help, I've managed to set the time using nist as a reference and that link Geoff gave for the proceedure. Ironically I used a Pulsar setting magnet to do the adjustments. First time I took the case off all the bits went everywhere....how I laughed...

Thanks again.

Paul

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post16 May 2007, 02:21

The Technology used in the design is still ahead of it's time and the people who actually bought a WORKING WATCH from an official source have had years of satisfaction and always will be interested in what I am doing.In the last 5 years many have thought that buying a non worker would lead them to great fortune and savings by simply replacing the batteries.WRONG!You buy a worker ,you get a worker,you buy a dud then thats all there will be to write about.

I sold 4 30 + year old WORKING STILL,NO DESIGN PROBLEM SYNCHRONARS WITH ORIGINAL SEAL AND BATTERIES AT Ebay.

If anyone missed those first auctions of mine,They are proof that the design concept has met the test of time. They are World record holders in Longevity with Zero maintenence required other than giving them light and a recharge of a magnet.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

paulmondays

Nerd

Nerd

Post02 Jun 2007, 16:05

Hi

Just a quick update: since I set the time mid-May it has lost about 39 seconds. This might have something to do with it spending a great deal of its time in a south facing window charging. Strangely enough a P3 I wore in the garden on a very hot day last week lost about 1.5 minutes. I don't mind these idiosyncracies (idiosynchronaricies?), all part of the fun.

Thanks to Phil (Leddwatch) for his wisdom on recharging magnetic slider switches.

Paul

tunerman

: Synchronar 2100 Mk II

Post27 Nov 2007, 13:04

Hi, my friend has bought a Synchronar 2100 Mark II watch. He does not speak English, so he asked me to put this question to your forum.
the question is about setting the date, month, etc. How to do that? Where can he find a manual on that in the net? He tells me he tried to set it according to the instructions given for Mk I, III and IV but they seem to be different. I'd be grateful for your help.
Best regards: Andras Löke, Budapest, Hungary.

tunerman

Post27 Nov 2007, 13:54

Hi, my friend has bought a Synchronar 2100 Mark II watch. He does not speak English, so he asked me to put this question to your forum.
the question is about setting the date, month, etc. How to do that? Where can he find a manual on that in the net? He tells me he tried to set it according to the instructions given for Mk I, III and IV but they seem to be different. I'd be grateful for your help.
Best regards: Andras Löke, Budapest, Hungary.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post27 Nov 2007, 21:45

Firstly thanks to the administrator for allowing me to comment,hopefully i am done with my probation period :-D

I tried to reply to the mail from Budapest but it went to my bulk folder and yahoo would not let me reply.So i went here and sent the only member i found from Budapest a PM explaining i coould not contact him.

Anyway thanks to the transalator I can say he needs 3 magnets and they all have to be strong,especially the fatter shorter hollow one in the back for setting.Meanwhile you could try various combinations of all switches until you learn the sequence of that particular module using a fridge or other magnet.I find the magnets under those logo advertising plastic clamps to work great for setting things once you no where to swipe it.

How many reed switches are there if you peek through the Lexan under brighty light?...that is if he does not allready have it opened and visible.

Hope some of this helps.

p.s my former step father escaped from the then different Budapest in 1972.We had fun going fishing. HR
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Synchronar