It is currently 13 May 2024, 00:56

Synchronar MK I module

• Author

rklumpp

Nerd

Nerd

: Synchronar MK I module

Post10 Jul 2007, 10:12

P.S.: I have some modules where the resonant circuit is working fine after all the time!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Jul 2007, 10:20

Exactly !! I have plenty of documentation and help available.Well actually it is me looking for help not you.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

rklumpp

Nerd

Nerd

Post10 Jul 2007, 11:29

If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to "use" me....

Furthermore I would accept all the documentation you share with me. Every little bit helps...

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Jul 2007, 21:20

Hmm? well since we don't live next door to each other it would be difficult to work on things.There are a few guys in Germany and elsewhere willing to help but again we are not in the same town.

So anyway about this thread and what I can add to it is this.

MK I BOOKLETS CONTAIN A TYPO.THE SETTING INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT TELL THE USER THAT THEY NEED TO FIRST HOLD ON THE DISPLAY THEY WANT TO CHANGE.

This was usually penciled in for original owners or they were informed.In other words there are three manuvers to change some settings, not two.This of course has led to some confusion and along with the chance of the setting magnet being discharged it could be said that they are difficult to set.This third manuver can lead to arthritis if you don't use a piece of plastic to wedge the slider switch in the direction required for the first manuver,gives you a third hand.
Last edited by Synchroserious on 10 Jul 2007, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Jul 2007, 21:38

One more little tid bit that you could confirm is that when setting the minutes(which automatically sets the seconds to start at 0) it likes to advance with a 1/2 to 3/4 second rest at center position before advancing again.You can try to set it quicker but it won't let you do it any faster or effecient than at the pace of one second.Once you get the rythem down the minutes should advance as if you are looking at the rate of the seconds advancing.When you get to the next up coming minute you will need to hold the setting magnet and not let go until the momment you want the seconds to start.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post21 Jul 2007, 20:28

Update to this thread. There are MK I modules with only 1 reed switch on the back and only 3 for other functions.These are settable at a faster rate than the posted 1 second pace mentioned on the previous post.

Some MK I modules had the six reed switches like ALL the MK II had and those are the ones that not only set in a different manner but have the delay set in I now believe so you won't try to go to fast and accidently return the setting magnet beyond center (off) which would change the date or something you did not want to change.

Sorry about the confusion and when it comes to these MK I and MK II I am still learning myself on spare time because when I made watches in the late 80,s it was strickly MK IV.

Thanks for reading and if someone asks I will post the procedure for setting the 4 switch total type.I have over 100 MK I and MK II modules un opened.Every single one of them that has a SYNCHRONAR1 label(later called MK I) has only one reed switch in the back.However, opened units tend to show evidence that some MK I units had all six reed switches.I think many MK I,s were intended to be re-potted but got mixed in with MK II reed switches installed and depending on the size of the QC used it would give different setting reed sensitivity and alter the functioning of the switch due to it's proximity to the QC

rklumpp

Nerd

Nerd

Post24 Jul 2007, 07:06

Interessing, Howard.
I've always wondered why some modules have four reed switches and others six.
I haven't seen a systematics behind all this.
Thanks for this update!

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post25 Jul 2007, 19:14

Procedure for MK I (four reed switch type)

To change the hours;1. turn on and hold time switch2(A).slide setting magnet toward right hand side of display or to the left if looking straight at it and return to center for each hour.(note letting the setting magnet return past center can accidently change the day of month)
To change the minutes;1.turn on and hold time switch2.(B) turn on the weekday seconds display(note, you will not see it light up)3.slide the setting switch to the left in the same manner as 2(A) but when you get to the upcoming minute you want hold the spring loaded magnet to the left and do not let go until the momment you want the seconds to start at :OO

Month,DOM and leap year are done in a similar fashion.

Hope this helps save you some time.
Previous

Return to Synchronar