It is currently 10 May 2024, 22:12

Thanks to Howard Riehl

• Author

calabash

Thanks to Howard Riehl

Post25 Mar 2008, 01:01

I have had several transactions with Howard over the past several months and wanted to mention that I am very pleased with the items I have bought from him as well as his advice/expertise regarding Synchronar restoration.

I have collected (and sometimes restored myself) what I would call historically significant watches for years and I sure wish I had a resource like Howard for each model/brand in my collection. It would have saved me from lots of wasted time and frustration!

Since I'm posting on DWF I should mention that most of the watches I have aren't digital, but I appreciate a variety of innovative designs and the Synchronar in all of its incarnations is certainly one of the most fascinating watches out there.

Thanks Howard!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

: Thanks to Howard Riehl

Post26 Mar 2008, 00:38

Just curious as to what the other watches are that you describe as 'of historically significant' ?

calabash

: Thanks to Howard Riehl

Post26 Mar 2008, 14:16

This is a very subjective list of some watches in my collection that I personally think are historically significant because of innovative technology (for their time) and/or interesting utility:

Hamilton electric
Accutron tuning fork
Omega Speedmaster (as used by NASA)
Early Zodiac Sea Wolf (as used by SEALS)
Doxa with dive scale on bezel
American railroad grade pocket watches, such as Hamilton 992B, Waltham Vanguard, etc.

I appreciate a lot of different watches (digital and otherwise). Thanks for your question.

Return to Synchronar