It is currently 16 May 2024, 09:00

The RWR LE series Synchronars are coming to a close.

• Author

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

The RWR LE series Synchronars are coming to a close.

Post29 May 2008, 04:00

I once estimated i could make 20-80 MK IV watches. The 100% chips, meaning no flaw whatsoever are all gone.So i am ending the series labeled RWR(Roger William Riehl) LE(legacy edition) Remaining watches at this time will be MK IV watches with no stop watch function or similar minor flaw.Everything else would be just as good as the RWR LE but with a refurbished outer SS housing case.Also i can still custom build older models.

Until a new investor/owner steps in this is all i can offer. #25-28 of the RWR LE will be it.There could be 50-150 MK IV chips to salvage but here again i don't have the funds for the equipment needed to turn them into marvels placed inside an IC carrier/package and re wire bonded.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: The RWR LE series Synchronars are coming to a close.

Post29 May 2008, 19:03

Howard, your website doesn't seem to be working or the URL/address is wrong.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post29 May 2008, 19:47

Yes ED thanks.I am aware of that temporary problem.It is too much trouble and time consumming to build the site the way it should be.For now i am just keeping the domain.Besides if it was done well I would be swamped with orders and questions i could not handle.

The best way at this time for info seems to be asking here at the forum or simply emailing me. riehl_synchronar_2100@yahoo.com

I have 4-5 watches to complete and ship + a few parts orders.This is my main priority.Then the whole kit and Kaboodle may be listed on the net as a Biz opportunity with investment required. Still pushed that way by all family members.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post29 May 2008, 20:35

Howard sorry to hear that the RWR LE series is coming to a close :-( It's a shame to hear that such a beautiful, unique and historical watch will no longer be produced.
I am pleased that I managed to get my order in on time and I was wondering when the remaining orders will be completed?
Regards Mick.
Last edited by bucko170 on 30 May 2008, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 May 2008, 04:32

No please don't think these watches will no longer be produced. I still produce them and so will whomever takes over from here.This post is about the end of the RWR LE series and not the end of a legacy with the watch.You are pretty new Bucko and this is not the place or time to portray yourself as being a representive on behalf of anyone but yourself.

You and anyone concerned have already been informed of the situation via personal email contact. No major complaints and i have work to complete. It's that simple.

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Jun 2008, 03:24

Thanks bucko for editing/removing the sentence "on behalf of myself and other forum members"
The update is things stoped right about the time i started complaining to my landlord about the faulty Air conditioner.83+ Degrees F is not workable,especially over a soldering iron.They were reluctant to do anything about it so i eventually had to replace it myself.Also i unexpectedly faced some child care issues with my daughter.

Another thing that continually slows me down is it seems half the market is flodded with orders of non workers from my brother and a guy in Canada benefiting the fruits of my efforts to continue a unique product.So now there are plenty of non original re constructed pieces that are not really a Synchronar/Sunwatch in the sense of the purpose of shock,vibration and water proof qualities intended by the inventor that i have been trying to continue.Some of these auctions like a new guy at ebay in Michigan even spread a myth that there are no working Synchronars with 30 + year old batteries when it is known there are atleast two dozen on record. :roll:

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : The RWR LE series Synchronars are coming to a close.

Post07 Jun 2008, 03:32

:-D

Return to Synchronar