Synchronar case questions.

• Author

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Synchronar case questions.

Post27 Apr 2009, 23:06

Hello everyone,

I'm curious as to how many versions of the Synchronar case were made. I've seen this ad:

And I currently own several versions of the case/bracelet:

Black case/bracelet
SS case/SS bracelet
SS Sunwatch case/SS bracelet
Angular SS case/SS bracelet
GP case/GP bracelet

My question is this, I have 2 SS cases which seem to be polished to a mirror finish. The SS case I bought from Howard is brushed, similar to the Sunwatch case and bracelets. Are these "mirror" cases the Rhodium plated ones? I don't think they are because the recessed front and back of the case are still "rough". And I don't think it's from wear/use because there are very little scratches on them.

All I know is I bought the first "polished" Synchronar from member Unimatrix, and the second one I won from eBay.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

: Synchronar case questions.

Post27 Apr 2009, 23:16

The Mirror cases are usually from collectors that polished these but didn't re-apply the brushed look. The Rhodium plated ones look like Steel ones, i think even experts would have problems telling which one is RHodium and which is steel.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post28 Apr 2009, 01:28

Sully: All the cases in that ad are the same, except the Sunwatches at the bottom. The pendants are just a bands ends really, with a springbar holding them in. What you don't have showing are the ones with the sharp cut corners -compound angle, 45 degrees from the top, 30 degrees from the sides. Mainly found in Sunwatch variations. I have some of each, lots of the stainless Sunwatch ones.

Fronzel is right, Rhodium is really hard to tell, and it was only the thinnest plating, but it has a terrific shine. Much silver and platinum jewelry leaves the factory with a Rhodium coating just for the shine. Rhodium is very expensive....this year price has fluctuated from $760USD to 10,010USD(per ounce) - average of $4124.60. 5 year average is $4042.16USD :eek: The titanium case might be interesting, but on a watch that light, whats a few less grams? :lol:
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post28 Apr 2009, 11:28

To add to the list, solid gold ones were also made !
Rgds.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : Synchronar case questions.

Post28 Apr 2009, 12:51

charger105 wrote:To add to the list, solid gold ones were also made !
Rgds.
I'm guessing those are the rounded corner style....?

No sign of Howard, odd. :-?
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post28 Apr 2009, 13:44

The few solid gold ones I've seen are rounded corner style (I think). See here at the bottom of the page:

http://watchismo.net/old_site/picFFF.htm

Rgds.

Snetzka

Wizard

Wizard

Post28 Apr 2009, 22:08

Hi, Guy's...

Jumping on the back of Mike's original question - which i have been meaning to ask, but otherwise got side tracked or forgotten (I hate getting old.!)

Did they make angular cases for both the Sunwatch and Synchronar watch..?? And if so. did they make many..?? Does any body know the years that they were available..??

I have been looking for quite a while now and not seen any 'angular' variety up for grabs...

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Synchronar case questions.

Post28 Apr 2009, 23:15

I have a SS angular case from Howard. It's the same as the one on the header here. He also mentioned that it was available in Titanium, and I've seen a gold plated (?) Sunwatch version on the 'net:

I'm pretty sure they came out during the MkIII/IV era.

Snetzka wrote:Hi, Guy's...

Jumping on the back of Mike's original question - which i have been meaning to ask, but otherwise got side tracked or forgotten (I hate getting old.!)

Did they make angular cases for both the Sunwatch and Synchronar watch..?? And if so. did they make many..?? Does any body know the years that they were available..??

I have been looking for quite a while now and not seen any 'angular' variety up for grabs...

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post29 Apr 2009, 14:37

NOS, angular case in stainless - $15 plus shipping. I have a few. They were also made in the black ceramic, have one of those too(not for sale).

Return to Synchronar