It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 18:07

paid for synchronar modules - not delivered

• Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

paid for synchronar modules - not delivered

Post01 May 2009, 03:09

how many out there are waiting on our moderator to deliver. i have been waiting for 1 year now for a rebuilt mkIV. howard has had the final payment since last september [08]. his excuse is he does not have the potting gel. i have kept sending money for mkI/II modules, case tops, bracelets, magnets, sliders, etc to give him enough to buy the potting gel. to give him due credit, he has always delivered, altho' not without a struggle. see posts from last year june thru august. i did get my legacy from him, but it was his paypal buddy joe who brought it all together. the last parts i got from him i resorted to priority mailing a prepaid self addressed priority mail box to HIM so he would not have the excuse of not being able to afford to send my stuff. i have just this week offered to do the same with the unpotted mkIV, but have not heard from him. in his last emails to me he has said he does not have a phone or internet connection. he borrows someone elses occasionally. i am sorry howard to have to resort to this, because i thought we had a decent working relationship, but if there are others out there that have been waiting patiently like i have, they have a right to know they may be being strung along as well. i hope this post willprompt you to make everything right posthaste. if you do, you will see a prompt apology from me. i have always been upfront and fair to you. i have even overnighted money to you when you said you were in a bind. come on howard, let's get it right. :-? peter

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

: paid for synchronar modules

Post01 May 2009, 05:15

I am unfortunately one of those people waiting on items purchased and paid for.

I bought several items from Synchroserious (Howard), and received the package on March 21, 2009. It was missing an unopened MkI/II module and solar cell. I emailed Howard, and he said the module and SC would be on it's way soon. That was on March 26. Nothing arrived in the following weeks so I emailed again, every day, once a day.

He finally responded on April 13, 2009, stating he was in the middle of a move to a new shop and wiil be sending out the missing module in the next few days. I have not heard from him since.

I've had purchases from him in the past, starting in October '08, and for the most part it has been very good. But not sending something in the mail when that's all you have to do is irresponsible.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: paid for synchronar modules

Post01 May 2009, 15:00

Pete(clockace):
I have received emails from at least 4 different people in as many months, explaining a similar situation with Howard. I have to protest the idea that you would apologize - there is nothing for you to apologize for! I've dealt with you several times - you are a hell of a nice guy, very reasonable. And that unfortunately plays into Howard's all-to-frequent behavior of stringing people along. I gave him that moderator's position to give him some credibility, and so maybe he would stop attacking every person who disagreed with him. It worked for a while, but under the current circumstances, it is a misleading "title". Hell, at this moment in time, you and Sully would be better moderators for that area - you are both on every day, constantly trying to increase your knowledge.

Howard - you will have to contact me through my email(retroleds@aol.com) to discuss this. Your account is held in "suspended animation" as leaving it accessible would just provide a forum(pun intended) for you to post a boatload of spiteful and twisted commentary. I'm very dissapointed - I've given you a chance to advertise, to promote the history of the Synchronar as you see it, but you pull this crap of holding a man's money for 8-9 months and send no goods. To say nothing of accrued interest.
Terrible way to manage a legacy. !@@!
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

: paid for synchronar modules - not delivered

Post01 May 2009, 17:39

Funny - but my experiences with Howard have shown him to be unresponsive on the verge of unreachable, especially when he owed me an answer ;)

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

Post01 May 2009, 19:31

:-D
Last edited by J Thomas on 30 Mar 2011, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 May 2009, 12:55

still waiting for my Synchronar I paid for several years ago.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post02 May 2009, 22:16

ron, i think there were several others waiting on the rwr's last summer. as far as i know only myself and mick in the uk got theirs. peter

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post02 May 2009, 23:33

Maybe someday mine will arrive......

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post02 May 2009, 23:46

I am not hopeful for mine :(

bomber1

Post02 May 2009, 23:54

I have been waiting since June 08 for a sunwatch module. I also sent Howard a contribution last Nov so he could buy the potting compound he needed. At that time that was all that was holding up my watch. Last I heard from him he was moving again and just about to buy the potting compound--in March!! I know it's a one man operation but we all need to hear and receive something on a regular basis.

John P Thomas

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post03 May 2009, 03:50

In a message dated 5/2/2009 7:28:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rieh_____@yahoo.com writes:
Ed, I can't believe some of you guys with this hasty hate posts.DB Murphy is a cry baby that told me not to send him anything 2 Christmas seasons ago.And now he wants to whine about it ? Oh well that's his bad.I was offline for 5 days is all that happened but you seemed to have once again shown poor judgment and faith in me.People know they have to wait when i get in a bind and that is the way it is. When are you going to get that straight.So once again last Sunday i was on line and saw nothing to reply to.It took until yesterday (Friday) before i was able to get on line and read all the goofy posts.R.Held still will not even take the time to properly charge his working Synchronar so i am in no rush to send another watch to a guy that won't charge the good one he presently has.

And yes when i am forced to move, things shut down for a short time that is just life.

So here in a short 5 days i was unable to connect to the internet. you have already made it impossible for me to post anything to defend the truth.You Morons are falsly leading people on with your selfish disrespectful posts.

Howard

[[site admin's response]
Howard:
You actually hadn't shown your face here in 51 days - that is 7 weeks and 2 days. You've done the "I was moving" dance before - WHY do you take people's money when you aren't ready to ship within 3-4 days? Your account at dwf.nu has a changed password, I removed the email address associated with your account since I have no good reason to direct further poor souls to your doorstep and the moderator title was removed as it requires a somewhat responsible person. Not the most knowledgeable person, not the offspring of the inventor, just someone who cares! The only thing you seem to understand is having your web visibility and money flow being throttled. Considering I have been giving you your ONLY real web exposure, maybe I should have been one of the first people you let know you were planning on moving. You know that both forum members and others have contacted me and asked me to intervene on your shoddy business dealings several times before. You'll probably never have your email address appear on dwf.nu again - you need to learn(or not) about the pain,time and money involved in having someone build you a site, and starting the slow processes of having people find you. Last time I cut you off for 3 months - its terribly harsh, but you may as well mark your calendar for another 3 months before I even consider letting you back on. With possible time off for "good order fulfillment". The "birds" will let me know how it goes. :arrow:

Ed
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 May 2009, 04:16

Here is my problem with Howard's respone. In all the transactions I've had with him, I ALWAYS included a copy of what I was purchasing with the money order I sent him. You just need to follow the list. All I ask of people when I buy from them is to send the order correctly, in a resonable amount of time. What is "reasonable" could be debatable, but I can and will wait 10-12 working days for something to arrive. If that time comes and goes, that's when I get worried.

My original package arrived March 21, 2009. I'm STILL waiting for one unopened module and SC that require NO work to them. They just need to be put in an envelope and mailed.

I've done transactions with people all over the world. I will always email the sender once the package arrives and if everything is in good order. All I want is what I paid for and still waiting for. One unopened MkI/II module and one SC.

If by calling me a "Moron" is good business, just send me what I paid for and we'll end it there. My situation should have been rectified the very next day.

Mike
Last edited by Sully008 on 03 May 2009, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 May 2009, 04:39

Here's my problem with Howard's response. How can I qualify as a crybaby, for giving up on a loser ????

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2009, 05:23

so once again howard is the "victim" here! howard i have spent over $4000US with you in the past year. all has been made good, atho' not without problems on your laziness in shipping. at this point you owe me a rebuilt, potted,mkIV module with no stopwatch feature. that is what we agreed on. that is what i want! either that or my $680 in refund. i don't understand your attitude in calling people names when YOU are the one at fault. you have been sitting on my money[really, you have already spent it] for 8 months since the last and final payment. your idea of keeping the "legacy" going has some serious discrepancies. peter p/s: since you have been shut out of the forum, you probably won't even see this, but i just had to say it. i have been probably been one of your better customers this year, but you don't seem to care.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 May 2009, 14:17

I would appreciate some comments. What does a previously purchased watch have to do with one fully paid for and not delivered?

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 May 2009, 17:42

i'm not sure if your post refers to mine or others, but i had ordered a rwr legacy and a rebuilt mkIV module that i sent him. i did get the rwr, but not without excuses and delays on howards part. mick in the uk exposed him on that fiasco. fortunately we had used joes paypal account to get money to howard. that is why pressure was put on howard to deliver. joe would not give him the money until howard delivered product and joe shipped it. the rebuilt mkIV is what i have not gotten. i sent him 2 payments of $340US each by personal check. the last one in sept 08. he has been stalling since then with one excuse after another. during that time i purchased from him s/s case tops, sliders, magnets, none working mkI/II modules, etc to keep him in money to get the potting gel. the last 2 orders from him i resorted to sending prepaid, self addressed priority mail boxes so he did not have the excuse of not having money for postage. i think i saw a post where someone sent him extra money last fall specifically so he could buy the gel. the gel comes in 2 parts needing mixing. it costs $175US for 1 gallon of each part. howard told me that. it has a shelf life[short], so he wanted to have several modules to pot at the same time. the 1 gallon is basically a sample from GE, so there is a limit to how many times he could get it. that is what he told me. it needed to be sent to a different address each time. he also told me that. i have had good communications with howard except for this tail end of my order from him. i don't know if he is unable to fulfill it and all the others or he just wants to keep stringing us along. personally i have gotten tired of his excuses. i have also sent him an email yesterday. havent't heard back, but will let you know if and when. i think howards credibility is pretty much shot. if anone wants to keep sending him money, be forewarned. i think that is one of the benefits of this forum. we can communicate with each other both good and bad experiences. thanks to ed for running it and looking out for our best interests. :-D peter :-? :x

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Re: : paid for synchronar modules - not delivered

Post03 May 2009, 17:54

ronaldheld wrote:I would appreciate some comments. What does a previously purchased watch have to do with one fully paid for and not delivered?
A twisted logic was used against me(and [now banned] member Phil Bowler) at a time when Phil and I BOTH had paypal claims going against Howard at the same time. How's logic :roll: went something like this:" you already have a working one, so I am going to take care of all orders from people who don't already have one, before I send you another[despite already having your money]. And you should consider that you paid me a disappointingly low price for your previous one, which means you probably should just give me this money...since you know you ripped me off on the previous sale." Understand that in both cases, we were the high bidders in ebay auctions, which makes it perfectly logical [right !] that we were to blame for the final price. :x And as I had warned a few of you privately - if you are opening Synchronars and fixing them, or even worse assisting others in fixing them, in "someone's" mind you are an enemy of "the Legacy". It's kind of sad that I have really not answered any technical questions on Synchronars for as long as I had Howard listed as moderator, simply to have some peace. I don't care if some of you want to get your experience with Howard off your chest, but then let's move on to something more positive - Howard can't respond HERE, so we are basically beating up the one armed guy.

dbmurphy

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 May 2009, 19:42

I think that there is a positive aspect to exposing a fraud. ALL should steer clear.

bomber1

Post03 Aug 2009, 00:06

Hi all

It is now August and I still am waiting for a paid for module. Has anyone else heard anything from Howard yet???

John

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : paid for synchronar modules - not delivered

Post03 Aug 2009, 03:09

Don't feel bad, John. I was holding my breath on the missing module and solar cell from my last transaction with him. Now it doesn't matter anymore. I'm out some money, but I've got bigger things to worry about.

bomber1 wrote:Hi all

It is now August and I still am waiting for a paid for module. Has anyone else heard anything from Howard yet???

John

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post03 Aug 2009, 06:23

i had an email from howard last week. it was in response to a question about my rwr legacy #23. to his credit, it has been working beautifully since last july[2008] i have the accuracy programed to about 6 sec./yr. he also said last may [2009] that he would ship my mkIV module in sept. hope springs eternal sometimes. he also said he has an investor and is working on the mkV and cannot ship anymore parts for the mkI/II's. peter :-) :-(

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post08 Nov 2009, 01:43

update 7 nov. 2009. my last email from howard was oct 24. he said he would ship my module within the week. nothing yet. he did say there would be no more delays. he also said he has mike's [sully008] missing order to send to him. have you heard anything mike? i hope he is all right with all this flu going around, both the reg kind and the H1N1. will keep you all posted. peter :-) :-(
Next

Return to Synchronar