Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Different colored GP?

Post02 Jul 2009, 20:27

Hello all,

I won this Synchronar on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOLY-GRAIL-OF-RED-L ... 1|294%3A50

mainly because I was intrigued by the color of the gold. I have a GP case already, but it's different than this one. Side by side the two look different. The one from eBay looks very similar to this one:

http://watchismo.net/old_site/picFFF.htm (Scroll to the bottom.)

Maybe it's because it's barely worn? Any who, just another MkI module to open up and replace the batteries in. Hopefully the SC is still in working order. The case/bracelet will end up being for special occasions only.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

: Different colored GP?

Post02 Jul 2009, 23:10

If you have a scale, weigh the case. It should be between 18 and 19.5 grams. On the remote chance you got a gold case on the cheap.. 8-)
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Snetzka

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Jul 2009, 00:57

Well done Mike on winning that auction, and wishing you luck on bringing her back to life..

Remind me next time not to bid against you, as between us we pushed the price up... :lol:

Let us know how you get on...

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Different colored GP?

Post03 Jul 2009, 03:04

I had a feeling I was bidding against someone from here. I was surprised no one put up the link in the eBay forum.

Ed, I see if I can get a scale, it would be nice if it was gold, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Snetzka wrote:Well done Mike on winning that auction, and wishing you luck on bringing her back to life..

Remind me next time not to bid against you, as between us we pushed the price up... :lol:

Let us know how you get on...

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post03 Jul 2009, 04:15

Sully008 wrote:I had a feeling I was bidding against someone from here. I was surprised no one put up the link in the eBay forum.

Heh! Nobody puts anything into the ebay forum unless they can't afford it, are selling it, or just want someone to bid against.

Or the ad is just so charming they don't want other folks to go to sleep without that same little chuckle they had. :-)

You deserve the workers you have Mike - you've certainly paid the price in time, labor and money. I'm glad the glut of unopened Synchronars has subsided - soon it will be down to the ones that are actually still working.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Jul 2009, 16:46

Thanks, Ed. Never heard back from Mr.Riehl about my missing module/SC. Oh well. Water under the bridge now.

I tried taking pics of this new case beside my current plated one, but the lighting sucked and my flash just blew out the color. I'll try again this weekend. I'll also open up the module and test it out. To my uncalibrated hands the new case feels slightly heavier compared to a SS case.

retroleds wrote:Heh! Nobody puts anything into the ebay forum unless they can't afford it, are selling it, or just want someone to bid against.

Or the ad is just so charming they don't want other folks to go to sleep without that same little chuckle they had. :-)

You deserve the workers you have Mike - you've certainly paid the price in time, labor and money. I'm glad the glut of unopened Synchronars has subsided - soon it will be down to the ones that are actually still working.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Jul 2009, 03:53

hi mike, still no module, huh? i haven't heard from howard for over a month. he hasn't answered my last email. the last i heard from him he said he has an investor and is going to be producing the mkV. maybe i will shoot him another email. he has always been regular in answering me even if it was something i didn't want to hear.[[like another delay on my mkIV module]. he did say it would be ready to ship in sept. hopefully that is so. i was going to bid on that GP mkI/II as well, but i figured it would get into a bidding war as well. i don't have a nice GP casetop yet. maybe we should let each other know so we aren't needlessly driving up the price for another synchronisti. [can i say that here?] anyway the bidding started out real slow on that one. glad you got it and i bet you have a working module already to drop in it. :-) peter HAGWE

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post05 Jul 2009, 19:51

Hey Peter,

Yeah, I never got my missing module/sc. I'm not going to waste anymore time worrying about that.

I haven't had time to try and retake the pictures of the two cases, but this new one is definately a different color. I do have a module waiting to go in, plus I'm pretty positive the one that came with it just needs new batteries. It looks like an early MkI with a line segment display. How are your Synchronars running?

clockace wrote:hi mike, still no module, huh? i haven't heard from howard for over a month. he hasn't answered my last email. the last i heard from him he said he has an investor and is going to be producing the mkV. maybe i will shoot him another email. he has always been regular in answering me even if it was something i didn't want to hear.[[like another delay on my mkIV module]. he did say it would be ready to ship in sept. hopefully that is so. i was going to bid on that GP mkI/II as well, but i figured it would get into a bidding war as well. i don't have a nice GP casetop yet. maybe we should let each other know so we aren't needlessly driving up the price for another synchronisti. [can i say that here?] anyway the bidding started out real slow on that one. glad you got it and i bet you have a working module already to drop in it. :-) peter HAGWE

Return to Synchronar