It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 19:35

setting inst. for mkII

• Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

setting inst. for mkII

Post07 Mar 2010, 08:31

jeff, in the photo gallery under synchronar-ragen-riehl is the inst for setting and speeding up/slowing down the mkII. it is in the zip file posted by andrew[charger105]. the section is listed synchronar21004 and 21005. the good news is the chip you replaced today is working. a minor problem is the date display not working consistently. it flickers. i have traced the problem to the leg you soldered with the tiny wire. it appears to be not quite a good connection. i will get to try my new soldering station. :-) will let you know the results. thx for all your help. peter

redcar66

Geek

Geek

: setting inst. for mkII

Post07 Mar 2010, 18:39

:-(
Last edited by redcar66 on 24 Jul 2010, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

Post07 Mar 2010, 23:18

:-D
Last edited by J Thomas on 30 Mar 2011, 05:07, edited 1 time in total.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post08 Mar 2010, 01:12

For the money [IMHO], nothing beats the Hakko 939. Digital, programmable tip temperature, available parts, quality...it's the best value out there. I know, there's MetCal, too, but not that much better for a lot more money. Get yourself a B&L Stereozoom, and you'll be able to do the electronic equivalent of brain surgery...

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post08 Mar 2010, 02:04

well, all that sounds like there is so much to choose from out there. the station i got from jeff is a weller WSD80. it is digital, variable temp[i think that's what jeff told me] and best of all it works better than my rechargeable. i soldered down the date command tab on the chip and now all is working well :-D. only thing left to do with this module is button it up and test it out. the main problem i had with this one is that after a spell in bright sunlight it seemed that the extra charge would stop it dead in its tracks. jeff and i checked everything and we agreed that it was probably a bad chip. so in the box of gooey parts from barry we lifted another chip and replaced the bad one. at first it seemed like we went backwards because it didn't work at all, but by the time i got home and hooked the power to it, it lit right up. the only thing missing was the date. with a tweezers i pushed down on the date tab of the chip and bingo, there it was. special thanks to jeff, both for the soldering station and the use of his awesome knowledge of electronics. also several hours of his saturday afternoon. :-D regards, peter

Return to Synchronar