It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 20:35

mkI dot segment

• Author

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

mkI dot segment

Post04 Apr 2010, 05:37

one of the boards i recently got from barry had all 6 reeds, resistors, diode, qc on it. missing was the chip, trimmer, sc, and one complete digit. i soldered in a chip from one of the other pieces, put the power to it and it lit right up. with the old original qc. one of the segment transistors was not soldered down good so i was missing a segment. before replacing the transistor, i pushed down on it and the segment lit up[trick i learned from jeff t], so i resoldered it down. now everything works except i am missing the far left digit. among all my stuff i have numerous single digits of the dot type. installed one of them and now i have all 4 digits. :-D :-D . next will be the trimmer and it should be done. workers can still be put together from barry's stuff. thx. barry. i think tho' he may not have any mkII's left. all i have are mkI parts. i think jeff has had the same experience. anyway i do not have a dot display mkI up until now so i am quite happy. peter

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

: mkI dot segment

Post04 Apr 2010, 16:16

:-D
Last edited by J Thomas on 30 Mar 2011, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Apr 2010, 04:59

yeah, i used my last red top. the trimmer is in, the cells are in and it is charging up. that old style trimmer really cramps the space for the v80's. it sticks up farther than the other one. maybe i will get some 50maH nicads if i can and try them. i have one synch running on v40 nimH. i haven't had any problems with fading displays, but the dot matrix may take too much juice to lite up. i guess i have another to add to my collection. i still have several boards and parts enough to make a few more. peter :-)

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post10 May 2010, 17:46

update on mkI-----no 50maH nicads available. 40 maH nimh not enough power for the dot display. i did discover, however, that i had a problem with the module. when i displayed seconds it would not turn off, but continue to show 0:00 for up to 30 seconds. not flashing or advancing, just a continuous display. yesterday i removed the seconds reed and replaced it. now it works as it should. i was also able, with a little finagling, to fit in the 80 maH nimh cells. we will see what happens now. :-D peter

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post10 May 2010, 19:04

VArta V 65 H is fairly available, 65 mah. Same height as the 80.
www.mouser.com Rechargable metal hydride
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to Synchronar