It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:17

Anyone have one of these?

• Author

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Anyone have one of these?

Post19 Oct 2010, 23:24

I'm just curious, but does anyone have a bar segment display MkI/II module that shows the leap year in the first digit? I have 1 (or 2) Monsanto display ones that show it, but I don't have a bar segment module one. Does one exist?

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Anyone have one of these?

Post19 Oct 2010, 23:36

:-D
Last edited by J Thomas on 30 Mar 2011, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Anyone have one of these?

Post19 Oct 2010, 23:48

Yup, that'd be the one. I don't have one of those...yet. :-D

J Thomas wrote:
Sully008 wrote:I'm just curious, but does anyone have a bar segment display MkI/II module that shows the leap year in the first digit? I have 1 (or 2) Monsanto display ones that show it, but I don't have a bar segment module one. Does one exist?

Mike, is this what you were referring to?

This is my everyday MK2, and has the "Litronix" display. The leap year is set to 2.

This display was original to the MK2 module, so it's not a synchrostein in the sense that I married the chip and display.

Regards, jeff

abem

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Anyone have one of these?

Post19 Oct 2010, 23:54

Is the preferred "correct" terminology "Synchrostein" or "Frankronar"?

:-)

-abe.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Oct 2010, 05:04

mike & jeff, i have 3 of these. one is a dot display. the other 2 are bar segment displays. under magnification 1 of them appears to be dots altho very tiny. without magnifcation it looks like a bar. you have seen that one jeff. it is the one that keeps blowing out in bright sunlight. my reason for posting on this topic is that there should be a dash between the leap year and runnng seconds display. it is part of the speed setting function. if you don't have it showing you are out of range and the module is probably running fast or slow. i discovered that while trying to bring them into time and if you slide the rear magnet too many times in either trying to slow or speed up, the dash goes away. at that point i put it back to the spot where the dash first appears again and that is as good of time keeping as you will get. changing the qc will also help. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: peter

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post20 Oct 2010, 08:29

my reason for posting on this topic is that there should be a dash between the leap year and runnng seconds display. it is part of the speed setting function. if you don't have it showing you are out of range and the module is probably running fast or slow. i discovered that while trying to bring them into time and if you slide the rear magnet too many times in either trying to slow or speed up, the dash goes away.

When I first started reading this post, this was exactly what I was going to ask !! My MkII had a dash for the second digit when leapyear/seconds was displayed, at various times during repair, but ended up without it. I'll try adjusting the speed to see if it comes back. Thanks Peter.

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Re: : Anyone have one of these?

Post20 Oct 2010, 17:29

Interesting, thanks for that info, Peter. One of my MkIIs has the dash, the other does not. And sure enough, the one without it is running really fast. I'm going to have to find those speed setting instructions.

charger105 wrote:
my reason for posting on this topic is that there should be a dash between the leap year and runnng seconds display. it is part of the speed setting function. if you don't have it showing you are out of range and the module is probably running fast or slow. i discovered that while trying to bring them into time and if you slide the rear magnet too many times in either trying to slow or speed up, the dash goes away.

When I first started reading this post, this was exactly what I was going to ask !! My MkII had a dash for the second digit when leapyear/seconds was displayed, at various times during repair, but ended up without it. I'll try adjusting the speed to see if it comes back. Thanks Peter.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post20 Oct 2010, 19:48

to speed up: turn on and HOLD the SEC-YR display switch; turn on and HOLD the DATE switch. slide the rear switch left for each step faster. each slide is 16 secs/yr

to slow down: turn on and HOLD the SEC-YR display; turn on and HOLD the TIME display. slide the rear switch left for each step slower.

i have found that taking the s/s tops off and removing the sliders and using just the magnets to turn on the various displays is easier than trying to hold them. also the rear magnet same way.

the booklet i have calls the bar segment model the synchronar 2100. :-) :-) peter

Return to Synchronar