It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:51

Synchronar MK1? Month Setting Instructions

• Author

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Synchronar MK1? Month Setting Instructions

Post10 Dec 2010, 01:22

Another forum member was kind enough to part exchange me a Mark 1 Monsanto display Synchronar, I have figured out how to set everything apart from the month, I have read some of the previous threads on the subject and tried to follow the month setting procedure without success, I am not quite sure if this one is the same because -

1. The display is 24hrs.
2. The hour is set by sliding both sliders back simultaneously, repeating for each advance.

Any idea's?

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

: Synchronar MK1? Month Setting Instructions

Post10 Dec 2010, 02:07

mick, if it is a mkI sliding the left slider back will change the hours. it has a slightly stiffer spring to prevent accidental changes. setting the month is a hassle. you need to slide the rear magnet to the RIGHT to advance the day. that is to the RIGHT when you have the rear of the watch facing you. you can only get the month right by going thru each month to the last day and let the watch run past midnight. then the next month will show. also leap year is in the mix as well. when you get to a feb that shows 29th, you know you are in a leap year. we are now completing the 2nd year of the leap year cycle so you can see how much you need to reset the thing.[the date, that is]. some have sped up the process by resetting the time to just before midnight and keep doing this until you get to the right month. there should be a few posts on this a year or so back. maybe 2008. have fun. peter :-D

J Thomas

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Dec 2010, 02:57

:-D
Last edited by J Thomas on 30 Mar 2011, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Dec 2010, 10:51

Thanks for the help.
Its all reading correct apart from the month which is displaying May, I think I will just leave it be for the time being - or at least until I get a few spare hours. :-D

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post10 Dec 2010, 12:01

I think I will just leave it be for the time being - or at least until I get a few spare hours.

Most of mine have all got the wrong month set. It's not even mentioned in the manual. Since they were never supposed to completely lose power (even when semi-discharged, settings are still supposed to be held even though display won't light), I don't suppose the need to set the month was ever foreseeen.
We should count ourselves lucky we can even set the day !

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Dec 2010, 14:55

Most of mine have all got the wrong month set. It's not even mentioned in the manual. Since they were never supposed to completely lose power

I thought it was strange how fiddly it was to set the month and never considered the reasons as to why that should be, I just supposed it was down to the limits with the early technology - your explanation makes perfect sense, thanks for letting me know. :-D

Sully008

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Dec 2010, 17:19

"some have sped up the process by resetting the time to just before midnight and keep doing this until you get to the right month."

This is what I do/did. It goes a lot faster if you do it with the module out of the case and have 3 magnets handy. I'll set the time to 11:59pm and then set the day to the last day of the month. It'll be close to turning over to midnight by then. Rinse and repeat. I think it took 20 mins to set the last one I had to do.

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post10 Dec 2010, 18:19

i have done it sully's way as well. another less intense way is to set the date to the last day of the month displayed and then let the watch change it overnight. it takes 12 days to cover 1 year. to get it really right you will need to find the leap year and go forward from there. i like mine to be right. :roll: :roll: peter

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Feb 2011, 11:45

Is there anybody who could provide a working Mark I and a working Mark II? I need both watches as a reference, I will return them within 10 days. THe person will get a free SASM movement of his choice. You can check what´s currently available on my new website available through www.strikesandspares.com. Manuals will follow. Hanno

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post28 Feb 2011, 21:24

Thanks for the huge amount of offers! I will get 2 movements from a nice forum member in Finland, so that I can start programming.

Hanno.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: : Synchronar MK1? Month Setting Instructions

Post28 Feb 2011, 22:03

SASM wrote:Thanks for the huge amount of offers! Hanno.

We were all just after the freebie ;-) :lol:

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Mar 2011, 18:10

At the moment I am programming the new Mark I (SASM81) module. The 1st proto is already working, however I really think about a different method to set the month. I would like to keep the module as original as possible, but if I hear some people which are willing to wear the watch with a wrong month than this makes absolutely no sense. But this is my opinion. Moreover do you want a leap year indicator on the red displays?

I just need some input. I would like to finish the programming work through that weekend, so hurry up :) :)

Hanno.

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Mar 2011, 18:24

I´ve got another question: There´s an upper left dot in the first didigt of the date display. What does the dot mean?

Thanks, Hanno

clockace

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post26 Mar 2011, 23:21

on the mkI. it would be nice to have an easier way to set the month. what i do on mine[i have several] is set the date to the last day of the month and let the watch then move to the next month at midnight. it takes 12 days to cover 1 year, so if you have several years to cover it gets rather bothersome. one needs to find the leap year and cycle from there. i have a dot matrix display that was showing the dot in the upper left corner and i thought that indicated the leap year. however, this year it went from feb. 28 to mar. 1 so i guess that is not what it does. i think charger105 had some posts on this dot a few years ago. peter

SASM

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Mar 2011, 00:57

Well, I´ve spent my evening with the program and an easier way to set the month and leap year has been implemented. However it´s on you and if someone wants to set the month and leap year the old way, that´s possible, too.

I´ve used the 1st dot (1st digit) as AM indicator (time only) and the last dot (4th digit) as leap year indicator (date only).

But that´s more or less easy to change.

Thanks for your comments. Hanno.

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post09 Jun 2011, 18:54

Hi Sasm. I have been trying to get to in touch with you last month with privately in here and on your home page, but no answer from you. So I try to get in touch with you here.

The module you send me is flowed and I wish to send it back. Is the address still the same? Will you repair the fault?

Let me know : is it possible for me to send back the module to you for repairs (free of charge, it was flowed when I got it) and is the address still the same?

Regards

Egon

Return to Synchronar