It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:23

Working black synchronar

• Author

rmcadon

Working black synchronar

Post25 Feb 2005, 07:46

O.K. here's my story: back in 1981 I recieved a stainless sunwatch as a Christmas gift. I wore the watch for several years, finally retiring it to a drawer ( I was a kid what did I know) well it died, I tried to charge it with no luck. I kept the watch even though it didn't work. In the early ninties 92 or 93, I called the phone number I had with the paperwork, now called Custom Circuits. The gentleman said I could send it in for a repair, it sounded like the crystal had failed, or I could get an upgrade for a nominal fee, less than $100. I opted for an upgrade, this time I chose a ceramic black one. It arrived without much delay, except it looked different than the one I sent in. It has a metal bar seperating the two solar panels.
Fast forward to Feb. 2005, I found this site while surfing, which got me thinking all over again about my watch. You see when I recieved the watch I took off the band that came with it, and then I only wore it a few times. This time retiring it to a table with a light where it has sat pretty much for the last 10-12 years.
So I now have (I think) a black synchronar 2100 that works perfectly, has the original unworn band, both inner and outer box, and misc. paperwork that came with it.
My question is, is this a rare watch? What might the value be for something like this?
That's my story, sorry it's so long..
Rich

rewolf

Guru

Guru

Re: Working black synchronar

Post25 Feb 2005, 17:52

Oh no, it isn't rare at all, especially in this condition and with box and paperwork. You can sell it to me for $100 :wink:
Just kidding. You have a treasure. Watch out on ebay for how much these are sold, here is one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4970107963

ledwatch

Banned

Post26 Feb 2005, 21:20

I couldnt get that to show up on ebay.com as a search for synchronar............ anyway, it will probably get to about $1800 usd

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post15 Dec 2005, 03:34

I have one at ebay now that is the oldest original working Synchronar that you will see without any new batteries and of course its original seal. No I probably will not get anywhere near what the fake NOS one with new batteries got but I am confident it will help forge ahead with the next group of MKIVs to come. Hello to all ----Roger's youngest son
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to Synchronar