It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:16

Mark I /Mark II Synchronar Watch Parts up at Ebay?

• Author

synchronarknight

Mark I /Mark II Synchronar Watch Parts up at Ebay?

Post08 Jul 2015, 22:20

Hello Everyone!!
I am a new Member here at this site as you can see from the front main Home page. I was curious Why only 2 people seem to be the only ones who Find it Profitable to turn the old Mark I /Mark II parts into complete working Synchronars or Sunwatches. I do know from years of reading post's and projects that many of you can take the Mark I Mark II old inner module parts and turn them into Full working Watches by adding the necessary batteries and Solar cell and maybe new crystal or whatever new part you determine is needed. So Again my big question is Why is there not more than 2 people who buy the parts up and resell their finished product up at Ebay. They seem to both have regular full time jobs and still find the time to make a handsome profit on their Synchronar /Sunwatch parts investment. I know the Mark III /Mark IV inner module parts seem to be alot harder to work with but 1 of the 2 people above still is able to get Mark III's and Mark IV's going from Groups of these old parts also for 10 years now?
I Wanted to Thank Hanno for letting me join the Website and I hope to hear back from a few of you.

Cordially: Synchronarknight

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Mark I /Mark II Synchronar Watch Parts up at Ebay?

Post09 Jul 2015, 00:02

The Synchronar is an interesting (even cool) watch, but it is a specialty design, and certainly does not enjoy the wider collecting appeal of, say, the Pulsar watches. It would be fair to say they have a small, but dedicated, following, along with the Bulova and GP drivers' watches. I'm not sure there is enough of a market to support more than a few full-time dealers/servicers/repairers. On the other hand, one stumbles over a Pulsar seller/collector at every other step...lol.

synchronarknight

Re: Mark I /Mark II Synchronar Watch Parts up at Ebay?

Post09 Jul 2015, 00:37

Thanks for your reply Bruce. They do seem to take a week or two sometimes but usually do eventually sell if not priced way to high that is.I guess even one more repairer would tend to have too many up at a time and possibly drive the price down to much. But at a 3-7 to 1 profit ratio on your investment plus your time involved of course which at first will be more until you get acquainted with the parts. It's not to bad of a return on your investment? right?

Return to Synchronar