It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 20:08

Where can I buy a module?

• Author

RaWatch

Geek

Geek

Where can I buy a module?

Post30 Nov 2017, 05:06

I need a working Synchronar module. Howard never returned the one he was trying to fix for me. Did not hear from Strikes and Spares yet. Any other sources?

Thanks,
Francis Fullam

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Where can I buy a module?

Post30 Nov 2017, 14:02

ARE there any reliable sources of modules and repairing up to Mark IV?

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post03 Dec 2017, 03:06

Hanno sells a Synchronar circuit board (MkIII and/or MkIV). I'm sure he'll get in touch when time permits.
However this is the board only (with display and reed switches too possibly).
If you need a complete module then in addition to the above, you'll have to acquire the solar cell, Lexan top and black bottom. These aren't readily available.

MkI, MkII and later MkIV modules are generally repairable. These have a protected IC.
MkIIIs are generally not repairable...........they have an open IC. Cracking open the case and battery leakage usually damages the exposed wire bonds. The solution to this is Hannos board mentioned above.

Rgds.

ronaldheld

Wizard

Wizard

Post03 Dec 2017, 15:29

charger105 wrote:Hanno sells a Synchronar circuit board (MkIII and/or MkIV). I'm sure he'll get in touch when time permits.
However this is the board only (with display and reed switches too possibly).
If you need a complete module then in addition to the above, you'll have to acquire the solar cell, Lexan top and black bottom. These aren't readily available.

MkI, MkII and later MkIV modules are generally repairable. These have a protected IC.
MkIIIs are generally not repairable...........they have an open IC. Cracking open the case and battery leakage usually damages the exposed wire bonds. The solution to this is Hannos board mentioned above.

Rgds.

Thanks. Was just curious as I wanted a second one al ong while ago.

Return to Synchronar