Synchronar

• Author

Pulsar77

Techie

Techie

Synchronar

Post09 May 2018, 15:07

Hello,

I don't have a lot of knowledge about the Synchronar and I'm very intersting to get an MK 1 because I like the huge Monsanto LED display.
I have some questions about this curius watch.

Does anyone know if the solar battery charging systeme is effective ?

Is it a reliable module as the Time computer modules ?

Is it possible to use this watch as the other LED watch (between 10 or 20 time check every day) ? or you must check the time juste 3 times a day ?

If I buy an no working MK 1 on Ebay, is it possible to find someone to repair it ?

Thank a lot
Last edited by Pulsar77 on 13 May 2018, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Digital LCD & LED watches fan

charger105

Guru

Guru

Re: Synchronar

Post13 May 2018, 13:35

Hi.
Yes, the big Monsanto display on the MkI is my preference too.
The charging system is effective. If you wear it regularly, you can check it many times a day with no problem. If you wear it in-frequently, then it may struggle to keep up.
Of course this depends on what state the batteries are in. They don't last forever, and degrade in performance over time.
The MkI modules are reliable in my opinion. They have an encapsulated IC, and can almost always be brought back to life. There are a lot of discreet components which means you can swap out anything defective. Later models had everything integrated into an open wire-bonded IC (if something fails, the whole board is basically useless).

There are a few people around who can work on them.
Good luck.
Rgds,
Andrew.

Pulsar77

Techie

Techie

Re: Synchronar

Post13 May 2018, 15:21

Thank a lot for this informations and I found one of them : Egon from Finland and I live in Norway so it's very close :Prost:
Digital LCD & LED watches fan

Return to Synchronar