It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:58

Accurist Led - Hughes 25mm module

• Author

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Accurist Led - Hughes 25mm module

Post02 Sep 2017, 15:40

Hi I've just acquired a nice example and am not sure of the correct battery. Can someone please confirm the correct battery number?

Many thanks

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Accurist Led - Hughes 25mm module

Post03 Sep 2017, 00:44

You will need either SR44 (357) or SR43 (386) depending on the case it is going into - SR44 are slightly thicker 5.4mm, SR43 are 4.2mm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 Sep 2017, 11:57

Thanks it turns out that the module is dead even though the watch was described as fully working on eBay .....I like the watch and it's in great cosmetic condition so I'm on the lookout for a replacement module a Hughes 25mm

Can anyone advise other watches that use the same module ?
Thanks again Les

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post03 Sep 2017, 14:20

Are you sure it is dead? Are there visible signs of damage such as a crack in the board or obvious battery acid damage? If not, before writing it off as a loss, I would clean up the contacts with a fibre tipped pen and some isopropyl alcohol (if you have it) both on the module and the contacts on the case itself...... you might just get lucky!

If is dead then you could keep an eye out on eBay - as you suggested, or an alternative idea would be to contact Hanno (the site admin) and purchase a SASM replacement module...... http://www.strikesandspares.de/werkzuordnung.htm

Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :-D

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 Sep 2017, 16:04

Hi many thanks for the advice I will give that ago and let you know. I already have another LED a GP with Hanno so another good option.

Thanks again Les

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post03 Sep 2017, 17:06

Interestingly bucko170 I cleaned the battery terminals as you suggested and the module has burst into life although very random across all leds flashing ad hoc the buttons not making any difference. Do you think its work doing a soak clean ?
Thanks Les

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post05 Sep 2017, 18:23

I only ever use soaks when all other options have been exhausted because it often does as much harm as it does good and there is a good chance that a part working module will be rendered completely dead at the end of the process....... but then again what's the use of a part working module?

Have you tried heating the module? This can sometimes work although it is often temporary, a hair dryer is good for this, cooling the module has seldom worked for me - although others have had some success doing so.

If you do soak it make sure it is dried completely before trying the batteries.

Changing the QC could also be an option.

Good luck :-D

BTW: Try cleaning up the traces on the board along with the contacts.

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post05 Sep 2017, 20:41

Thanks for the reply I have ordered some alcohol based circuit cleaner and will try cleaning the board using a cotton bud. I'll avoid soaking it at this stage will try the hair dryer too. Like you say it only flashes randomly so nothing ventured etc.

I'm also struggling removing the snap shut back so have ordered a proper tool

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post09 Sep 2017, 19:05

Hi everyone I have now followed all the advice and carried out the vinegar / alcohol soak used a fibre pen to clean all visible contact areas but alas to no success this is what I'm left with. Module lights up but continues to display random segments pressing either the date sec button or set button merely change the segments displayed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post09 Sep 2017, 19:14

I suggest a Quartz crystal fault. The sequencing of the button pushes is simulating a timing input normally done by a functional Quartz crystal. The crystal is not supplying the timing input.

Geoff

lesmott

Nerd

Nerd

Post09 Sep 2017, 19:31

Thanks Geoff I really like the watch so am currently looking for another watch that uses the Hughes module.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Sep 2017, 01:34

I have that watch with a green module......

Accurist 11 (2) Green DWF.jpg

Okay I confess it is not really green, the photo has been colour adjusted, pity though it looks cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Sep 2017, 01:42

Unfortunately green modules don't exist but if you fancy something a little different message modules do exist, they are harder to come across than normal modules though....

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

Post30 Sep 2017, 15:07

When you find another Hughes 25mm module be careful with the battery type, the modules take a thinner battery than the larger Hughes modules I've seen countless cracked PCB's on these.

Also for some reason the carrier body seems to break apart on the 25mm module look carefully before taking one out of a donor watch, the wrong move can cause a lot of damage.

Return to All other LED watches