• Author

Deep Thought

Nerd

Nerd

Fossil Red Crystal LED

Post23 Oct 2005, 15:47

hi!
i'm back from a trip to the usa.
there i have seen a very nice fossil watch.
it is a part of the "built your own watch" line. you can choose a dial and one of many many different straps.
the fossil shop where i have seen it had only two of them in stock - both with huge scratches. so i did not buy me one.
unfortunately i never came across this watch again.

now i am back and the watch is either not on the german fossil web site, or on the us site!
anyone knows if this watch is available in germany?

as far as i remember the dial looks like this one
btw: is this a "real" LED ?

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Fossil Red Crystal LED

Post23 Oct 2005, 15:59

You see these about always on ebay.com (US ebay)- most sellers will ship it to germany when you ask.

Cant remember having seen this in german shops or online shops, but I cant know all of them.

Pretty cheap modern bubble type display - I find it cheap as its quite cheap that a modern LED watch has exactly 2 functions: Date and time. I have seen much more technically advanced watches 30 years ago.

But well as all modern LED watches: They work fine and have the typical bubble LED display you know from i.e. Litronix and other cheap makes. I personally dont like that "magnified" bubble display, quite cheap if you ask me. But who does?

BTW: Yes although I dont like it, this is one of the "real" LED displays. Uses very small LED digits that are magnified by lenses in front of the digits so they appear like normal LED digits. Well at least from the right angle.

Deep Thought

Nerd

Nerd

Post23 Oct 2005, 16:22

hi!
what i did not say is that i have already bought 3 straps - at a time when i was sure to come across this watch again.
i believe the watch on the pic is not exactly the watch i am looking for.
on mine the dial and the straps are removable and sold seperately...
i checked ebay before posting my request. the one with the removable straps is not there (now).

Pretty cheap modern bubble type display - I find it cheap as its quite cheap that a modern LED watch has exactly 2 functions: Date and time. I have seen much more technically advanced watches 30 years ago.

you are right. but i find it a nice looking every day watch.
and if i had bought it in the us it would have been as cheap as 55 us$ ;-)

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post23 Oct 2005, 17:05

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... category0=

Afaik the strap can be removed from all Fossil LED watches, I have never seen a fossil LED with integral bracelet. Maybe I just dont get it. If it helps you can also write me a PM in german, will probably solve any language barriers. :wink:

stuhrling

Post23 Oct 2005, 23:17

I actually was looking at this watch the other day. I was at a local department store that had these build your own type of Fossil LED watches. $55.00 was the price. It appeared to use what looks like a dot matrix type of display. All little dots that make up the numbers --- not segments.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post24 Oct 2005, 00:28

A Fossil with a dotted display? Dont think I ever saw one. You sure it was a Fossil? Well I must admit Fossil aren't my favorite watches, I'm rather into vintage ones, but I usually take a peek when I see a model that is new to me.

Got any website or auction were you can see a similar one? I only know them with the usual bubble display.

stuhrling

Post24 Oct 2005, 00:39

Yea I know what you mean. I was a bit surprised by it as well. It was the first thing that I noticed. I asked the gentlemen at the counter about it. He said that they have had both type in from time to time. I was shocked as well. But, their they were all little dots making up the numerals.There were 2 of them in the display case. I looked at both. Each was the same. They both say Fossil on them. The "build your own watch" line.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post24 Oct 2005, 01:00

Hmmm, I know the "Watch Bar" on the Fossil website, its basically the same idea, just online.

http://www.fossil.com/jump.jsp?itemID=2 ... e=CATEGORY

I wonder why they dont offer the LED types on the website, maybe they are too new? :oops:

I'll keep an eye on these. If I see something I will post here.

dravend

Post30 Dec 2005, 08:23

Sigh. I'm beyond frustrated. Just bought this watch with the metal band strap and for the life of me, I cannot find out how to set the time or date. I've tried just about everything I can imagine.

I didn't receive any instructions and Fossil's website has no info. Anyone have any cllue?

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post30 Dec 2005, 19:49

Hi Dravend,

You might have to get a toothpick and hold in the button on the left side of the watch. The digits should blink. Then you can use the two buttons on the right side to adjust the hours, minutes, etc. Probably pressing the left button a second time will allow you to set the date.

It's really easy to set once you get it sorted out. :)

Return to All other LED watches