It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:25

Compuchron LED Calculator question

• Author

casiofanatic

Compuchron LED Calculator question

Post18 Dec 2005, 06:29

Hi,

Has anyone in here had any experience with this watch?

I browsed this forum for about 6 hours tonight lots of good information and the personal websites are interesting. Nice to meet everyone,

-CasioFanataic

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Re: Compuchron LED Calculator question

Post19 Dec 2005, 19:50

Yeah, I had one. That damned thing started going mad one day then the time functions didnt work anymore. Only reliable LED calculator watch is the HP-01 in my eyes.

casiofanatic

Post20 Dec 2005, 23:51

The Hp-01 is nice looking. I wish I could afford one. I purchased one but didn't work and was in bad condition. I am keeping it as a spare until I find a good affordable working one. There are some nice sites for the Hp-01 I saw that others posted in the forums. Really an exciting watch, keeps me interested just looking at the pictures and the broken watch I have.

thanks for replying.

casiofanatic

have you ever tried the Pulsar calculator watch before?

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post21 Dec 2005, 03:07

Personally I only had the Pulsar calculator watch for a few weeks, but a friend who had several of these says they're even worse than the compuchron. High chance of your watch getting broken while you're asleep.

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Post22 Dec 2005, 01:38

Been lots of HP-01s on eBay in the last ten days, goldfill, stainless, even boxed. All working, several in very nice condition. Prices have even been within reason, too. If you're really looking for one, this is the spot to keep your eye on...
I recently got one of these, just to have one, and I must admit, it is an impressive piece of engineering. The manual is a bit intimidating, as it runs nearly a hundred pages.
Still, my overall bias is for the Pulsar calculators [especially the 18K ones], as they were the first [and since Pulsar is my collecting specialty]. If you can find one now in good, working condition, chances are, it has escaped the usual problems and/or abuse, and in all probability, will last for many years to come. Most of all, you should consider what you would simply like to own, and buy what you like...

casiofanatic

Post24 Dec 2005, 02:24

Thanks Bruce I appreciatte that.

Return to All other LED watches