It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:59

Sinclair DIY Watch

• Author

Dilson

Sinclair DIY Watch

Post20 Dec 2005, 12:05

There is a good looking Sinclair kit on USA's eBay this week - is it only a good investment if it is left unassembled? If I bought it to put together myself are there websites with assembly tips since I understand they were hard to get together correctly? Does it use any readily available batteries or will they be a problem to find? Assuming I assembled it right would it still have a similar value or would putting it together radically depreciate its value?

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Re: Sinclair DIY Watch

Post21 Dec 2005, 19:17

I saw it too, and was tempted to bid. I think there is a big risk when you buy an old electronics kit of any kind, that some of the components would have failed. Even at the time the kits were sold, many of these watches aparrently failed, and needed to be sent back to the factory for fixing. Search for a website like 'planet Sinclair' for further info. I would say, as you have no guarantee that the watch works, and its the overall working, and asthetic, conition of the item that gives it value its a bit of a risk, unless you get it for a good price, or already have the same watch and want spares. It may better to keep it in kit form because (as I understand) another Sinclair item - the wrist calculator kit - is considered most valueble in mint, but non assembled condition, as are any other non watch kits, like early model planes.

Return to All other LED watches