It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:09

Need some information on the Gruen

• Author

Wes Murphy

Need some information on the Gruen

Post26 Feb 2006, 23:39

Hello all, I need some assistance locating information about this watch. The best information I can make is that it is a Gruen, possible model is NDK 61. I haven't located any information in the Internet,

I know its a crappy picture, but I have a crappy camera. Thanks for any assistance provided.

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Re: Need some information on the Gruen

Post27 Feb 2006, 05:28

Hi Wes,
I can't really give you any infomation on the watch itself, but I suspect that you got the NDK61 off the quartz crystal inside the watch. If this is the case, it just means that the crystal was made by NDK (a Japanese crystal manufacturer). The "6" means the crystal was made in 1976 and the "1" means it was made in January of that year. :)

Wes Murphy

Post27 Feb 2006, 05:43

notonly1 wrote:Hi Wes,
I can't really give you any infomation on the watch itself, but I suspect that you got the NDK61 off the quartz crystal inside the watch. The "6" means the crystal was made in 1976 and the "1" means it was made in January of that year. :)
Actually its on the module, hidden by a plate to hold the batteries down. Dont know if it will help but I got some clear pics of the module.

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post27 Feb 2006, 05:55

Hello wes. The NDK61 is on the quartz crystal, as seen on thje second picture you posted. The metal 'can', where NDK61 is printed is actually the crystal housing.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post27 Feb 2006, 15:57

Yup, its a gruen, probably around 1976...

What kind of info are you looking for?

Wes Murphy

Post27 Feb 2006, 18:01

fronzelneekburm wrote:Yup, its a gruen, probably around 1976...

What kind of info are you looking for?

Basically, I was just asking for any type of info that might be available since I can find nothing about the watch. If someone has internet links, book titles, or reference sheets they could share, I would be very appreciative. I don't know about rarity, production values, or repair possibilities, so anything about those would be interesting.

Return to All other LED watches