It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:48

Vintage Gruen?

• Author

Wes Murphy

Vintage Gruen?

Post07 Mar 2006, 18:09

I have this Gruen watch, an NDK crystal, marked as NDK61. As I understand it, that means it was manufactured in Jan 76. Works fine, shows wear, and is a massive watch, it weighs the same as my Pulsar Big Time. I would be willing to sell it, but I have no idea what might be a reasonable price. Although there may have been many made, it appears to be rare these days since I can't anything close to it in any forum, gallery, or book. How does a person establish a resonable price totally in the dark about value? Obviously, condition plays a part in value and like my Pulsar, it shows its age. Going for a best price on ebay doesn't tell me anything concerning it's value. I need some assistance where I can start to look for a value. Hopefully, it will have more value than the $4.50 I invested in batteries.

notonly1

Techie

Techie

Re: Vintage Gruen?

Post07 Mar 2006, 21:17

The date code on the quartz crystal just tells when the crystal itself was made, not the watch. The watch was made sometime later. As for the watch, if you don't have an idea, you can post it with a starting bid of around $30.00 or $35.00 and see how high it goes. It's value is pretty much what people will pay for it.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Re: Vintage Gruen?

Post10 Mar 2006, 15:58

Probably capping out somewhere around $65...beyond that you've done well. Not being able to find a picture of it doesn't mean much...think of how many watches,each only slightly different, are laid out in department stores during the Christmas sales...
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to All other LED watches