Techie

Techie

What is this LED watch?

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Re: What is this LED watch?

Post04 Apr 2006, 01:47

I've seen this on Ebay. I think it's a Uranas...Which pretty much means it won't work. It has a purple crystal but of course the numbers would be red...If they worked.

MJ

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post04 Apr 2006, 15:52

Another reasonable quess would be DigiTime -I have one that is almost identical, especially after I put a mesh band on it, except that Digitime was very good about marking their case backs. Quantum also liked that button pattern, but doubtful you'd see one with that style back,especially without their big "Q". Frontier made 2/3(set)/4 modules, along with a select few others....hard part is finding a 2/3/4 module in 29mm if that is what it takes, 25mm seems comparatively common. Guess if you get curious and buy it, we'll all find out.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

joeywaycool

Techie

Techie

Post04 Apr 2006, 18:59

That is 100% a Uranus. I have the same exact one. Mine is not functional....but no surprise there!

I have only had 1 functional Uranus watch, at it was only partially functional. The rest have been dead as door nails.

Hey little1up, did you have much luck with your Uranus calc?

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post04 Apr 2006, 19:45

joeywaycool wrote:That is 100% a Uranus. I have the same exact one. Mine is not functional....but no surprise there!

I have only had 1 functional Uranus watch, at it was only partially functional. The rest have been dead as door nails.

Hey little1up, did you have much luck with your Uranus calc?

JoeyW.C. - yeah, the Uranus fires up fine, calculates and keeps time, but I still haven't put batteries in....I've been using the charger/power supply to check it out. Hoping to play with it in depth when the hot days of summer chase me inside and I have cleared the tax man off my docket.

Your dead Uranus watches are a good example of when a collector might need to consider throwing in some less than O.E.M. parts!! Like the Synchronar/Sunwatch case I just bought... I have a Sychronar module that someone else monkeyed with(pried it open and removed the rotting ni-cad) - will it work when I get to it? Doubtful. And then I "Frankenstien" that mother into life.
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

www.digitalwatches.de

Post04 Apr 2006, 21:39

Hello Pulsar-France,

yes, I can confirm it is an early Uranus LED watch. I have the same watch in my collection and the module inside is signed accordingly. The command functions are quite different to other LED watches. Pressing the upper button, you will get hours and minutes, pressing the lower button will show the seconds on the first 2 digits and the date on the last 2 digits.

Greetings

digitalwatches

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post04 Apr 2006, 23:42

I might have that module..
I?m losing my edge!

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post05 Apr 2006, 00:08

Hi,
So it's an URANUS--->good news! is it solar powered?
I did buy this watch on ebay but from a seller from Argentine with 0 feedback so I m not sure I will ever get it but I hope so.
I hope it will show sign of life...

MJ you're saying that the fact that the display looks purple means the watch is dead, anybody can confirm?Does it mean that the display itself is dead?

Embelton , you might have a module but working?

I'll tell you more when I receive it.

Greetings from an happy new daddy of a baby girl!

embelton

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post05 Apr 2006, 00:14

yep,its working..but Im not 100% sure its the same module.
send me a pic of the module when you have it.
I?m losing my edge!

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post05 Apr 2006, 00:18

No problem
I m now confident I'll get it , I just received a mail from the seller with a tracking number...
We keep in touch :roll:

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post14 Apr 2006, 15:30

Hi ,
I received the watch yesterday , put 2 batteries , it lights up but the first digit doesn't show up and some dots are missing on at least one of the other digit.The quartz is signed Uranus as you guys told me, the watch looks good but I think I might sell it or trade it as the repair looks behond my capacities...

Seer Taak

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post14 Apr 2006, 21:56

PULSAR-FRANCE wrote:Hi,
.......Greetings from an happy new daddy of a baby girl!

Many congratulations on your new baby PULSAR-FRANCE :D

retroleds

Guru

Guru

Post14 Apr 2006, 22:29

Congratulations Olivier(that's Pulsar-France)! 8)

digibloke

Wizard

Wizard

Post14 Apr 2006, 22:39

F?licitations PF!!!

Realistically speaking, you're not going to have time to sell that Uranus for at least four months - but you will spend less money on ebay :D

Oh yes and sticky little fingers seem to be attracted to shiney red crystals.

DB.

AlmightyTallest

Wizard

Wizard

Post16 Apr 2006, 19:30

Oh yes and sticky little fingers seem to be attracted to shiney red crystals.

lol, well congratulations Olivier! I'm sure the little one will one day grow up to appreciate fine timepieces like her daddy. :)

CompuChron2

Techie

Techie

Post17 Apr 2006, 00:15

Hi,
It's my second daughter and the first one (2 years old) thinks a watch doesn't work when she doesn't see this little red digits lighting!( a wach with hands is always defect for her!) :wink:

Synchroserious

Wizard

Wizard

Post17 Apr 2006, 00:22

Congratulatons! on the baby girl,my four year old girl loves shiney RED more than the free one,s she get,s at daycare from the treasure box.
Membership status is unknown due to lack of communication.

Return to All other LED watches