It is currently 09 May 2024, 07:22

Quartz oscillator replacement in Wittnaeur Polara

• Author

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

re: Quartz oscillator replacement in Wittnaeur Polara

Post06 Mar 2007, 05:33

I've received a few NSC modules that were in one fuction button cases that had the dual time zone feature. :) My only guess is the NSC ran out of the one button variety and had to use some of their two time zone modules. Gotta love finds like that.

The Litronix...Yeah I can't stand fiddling with those when they don't work and many of them do not.

Jeff

charger105

Guru

Guru

Post14 May 2007, 08:18

Well, I've finally got the module working for the Wittnauer. After lifting the "lid" on the module, the fine soldering required to remove and replace the QC was beyond my ability. I had a go, but the likelihood of snagging the wire bonds was too great. What a bad design, considering the QC is the most likely repair that will be needed !

Majestyk was kind enough to finish the job, so I sent the module to him, he replaced the QC, and away it went.

So, thanks goes to Jeff for helping me out with this. Much appreciated.
Rgds,
Andrew.

Majestyk

Guru

Guru

Post14 May 2007, 18:10

No problemo...Actually it was at first. Andrews module had some plating loss where one of the QC pins had to be soldered. But long story short, I sent him one of my modules, so I could do the work on his module at a more leisurely pace. Anyway, we have two happy Hughes modules. I'll keep the one he sent me running for a few months before I do anything with it. (IE: Stick it in a watch and sell it).

BTW, his QC was toast, so even if he did solder it back in, the module still wouldn't have worked.

Jeff
Previous

Return to All other LED watches