It is currently 09 May 2024, 07:53

I'm newby and need help about batteries

• Author

andypinto

I'm newby and need help about batteries

Post07 Sep 2007, 18:13

Hi everybody: My name is Andy and I new in the forum.
I just buy a Timex SSQ LED watch for abut $50 in eBay. The seller states is not working but he don't know is because need new batteries or something else.
Well, I take the risk and now I need to know wich are the batteries that this watch uses. I only know that the watch needs two.
Someone knows wich type of batteries the watch use?
Here's the link to eBay item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=013
Any info about this specific model? How about the price?
Thanks to all. I'm glad to join the community.

Andy. :-D

Led-Time

Guru

Guru

: I'm newby and need help about batteries

Post07 Sep 2007, 22:53

Hello Andy and welcome to the forum, on the picture showing the back of the watch it reads Timex H cells these are the same as silver oxide 386, SG12 or SR43 batteries which you can find everywhere. I’d try a couple of cheap AG12 batteries first though to see if the watch works OK then I’d recommend changing them to the silver oxide batteries as they’ll last much longer than the alkaline AG12’s they’re a little bit more expensive but worth it.

Your watch looks to be in very good condition plus the logo’s intact so if it fully works then $50 is a very good price for a Timex LED, I’ve paid similar amounts for worse condition watches just to get a working module.

Hope this helps... :-)

andypinto

: I'm newby and need help about batteries

Post12 Sep 2007, 18:12

Klippie:
Thanks a lot for the info.
I hope the watch works.

Andy :-D

Return to All other LED watches