It is currently 04 May 2024, 03:27

The Adidas HSD Family comes together

• Author

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

The Adidas HSD Family comes together

Post18 Nov 2011, 20:36

Isn't nice when all the family comes together. I believe I have now managed to get the full set of the HSD series from left to right (or bottom to top), HSD601 (Sicura clone perhaps?), HSD602 (Bulova clone), HSD603 and HSD604.

Even though these were only produced 7 years ago there does not seem to be much information around.

Apparently made by Fossil and limited to 1000 of each type with the HSD604 coming with either a black, blue or beige strap. I have seen the HSD602 (my favourite - thanks Ed for the lovely NOS) in Japan with a gooved top with the logo to the right of the crystal. The quality of these is very good.

Anyone know any more information about these or any other variations?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Kasper

Guru

Guru

: The Adidas HSD Family comes together

Post19 Nov 2011, 02:23

very nice indeed

the only one i have is from the same periode i think, bought several years ago at tokyoflash, not adidas.

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

lennyboi

Re: The Adidas HSD Family comes together

Post08 Feb 2012, 21:49

I own a HSD 601 and a HSD 604, the strap on the 604 is about the snap and I have been searching online for a replacement with no luck. Does anyone know where I could buy an official replacement or even a HSD 602 strap?

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post08 Feb 2012, 23:44

Hi, you could try contacting Fossil who made them. I did try fossil about 6 months ago to get a spare hsd602 bracelet but they stated they had no spares left. The 604 does come up on EBay occassionally and Ed at Retroleds has a nos for sale at http://www.retroleds.com/Modern1.htm which would mean you would have a spare head.

lennyboi

Post10 Feb 2012, 01:21

Thanks for your reply, is that site you recommended based in the US? Looks like he has some nice watches for sale. Have you used it?

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post10 Feb 2012, 22:08

Hi, yes the site is in the US (I'm in England) and I have bought a few watches from Ed of Retroleds and they have all been of excellent quality. He is also a member and previous owner of this forum so send him an email or pm.

scytherman

Post24 Mar 2014, 13:28

Hello All!

Quite a while ago, in my teens, I saw a Synchronar on the hand of one of my father's friends when he came by. I was instantly fascinated by its look. With a mischievous smile, my father's friend challenged me to find out how he could tell time from it; I must say that it took me a while to find out that the time appeared to the side of the watch...not on the red watch face(now I know that as the Lexan cover for the solar panel). I was instantly smitten by this neat watch and wanted to own one some day.
Some time later, I was searching the internet for this in vain thinking it was something made by Texas Instruments(the closest looking thing to it was a LED calculator made by them, in my fathers study).
Rather recently, I stumbled on the facts that it was invented and produced by Mr.Riehl. I wanted to collect a working Synchronar 2100.
I've come to realise that this endeavour is going to be an elusive dream; a fully working, unmodified Synchronar 2100 would indeed be a super rarity and the ones touted on eBay as "fully-working" would turn out to be ones that had the module repaired/replaced/modified,etc. Also, anybody parting with a "working" Synchronar 2100 nowadays would know in his heart that its lifetime is already up by now. Any watch that would be working up to now would be liable to go dead in the very near future, due to its age and the inherent wear-out of the NiCads. Suddenly, investing $1000+ for such a flawed gem sounded unappealing.Then there was this constant maintenance factor of charging up with sunlight,bright lights,etc.
Determined to collect a vintage LED watch, I looked at other options. The Bulova Computron looked neat but again the state of the surviving watches on offer left me cold.
Now I am going the slacker's way and getting my LED watch fix by the Adidas HSD604, a modern-day replica of the Bulova Computron, made by Fossil.
I know the true collectors would surely give me a thumbs down for this choice but I just could not afford to have a fancy paperweight around after spending a grand on it.

Return to All other LED watches