It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 08:15

HOW TO INVESTIGATE ????

• Author

jagmad

Guru

Guru

HOW TO INVESTIGATE ????

Post05 Sep 2012, 23:23

Hi All just a quick one that I'm hoping one of you will be able to help with.

How does the back of this come off its a Hudson Harris Quantum I believe .
I noticed a v notch in what could be a ring which is sort of in line with mark on back
Just got it in it's box, complete with dead cells both inserted + side up M:)W:)M
Removed them, no leakage ~:( Cleaned up contacts 2 new cells and she's away :-D
Any help would be most welcome. Will post more pics when I've finished cleaning her up.
Many thanks Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...
A. HAVE NO LIFE/FRIENDS. OR NEED FOR ONE.
B. YOU NEED TO SWITCH IT ON.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: HOW TO INVESTIGATE ????

Post06 Sep 2012, 00:19

It is normally just a press on case back, look for a notch between the case and the case back, remove the battery hatches and take out the batteries before removing the case back so that the ceramic board is not cracked during the process.

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post06 Sep 2012, 03:27

bucko170 wrote:It is normally just a press on case back, look for a notch between the case and the case back, remove the battery hatches and take out the batteries before removing the case back so that the ceramic board is not cracked during the process.

Thanks Bucko had a good look under loupe and couldn't see any obvious place to prise open.......
Will have another look/go tomorrow..Thanks again PETE
"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member" Julius Henry Marx

"If necessity is the mother of invention, then mother is now standing at the door calling us in to do our home work"

IF YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR SMART WATCH DOESN'T NEED CHARGING AT LEAST EVERY WEEK YOU EITHER...

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post09 Sep 2012, 20:09

H H date (2).jpg
Hi again i have another question before I go delving in...
I managed to set the time and it's keeping good time.
But the date is as the pic and there seems to be no month..
Just a single dot before Is this right??
Many thanks Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

egomon

Techie

Techie

Post09 Sep 2012, 20:19

Hi. This is a nice module and great job to make it work again.
In this Hughes led module version there is no month. The dot is a am/pm indicator.

Best regards

Egon

jagmad

Guru

Guru

Post09 Sep 2012, 22:33

Thanks Egon I'm afraid my knowledge of these things is limited and no where near
where I would like it to be. Business and other commitments keep me from my part time hobby.
Although it doesn't stop me from enjoying these wonderful pieces, especially my bulova computrons.
Thanks again. PETE W

Return to All other LED watches