It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 07:40

Question about Gillette Reflex

• Author

MattyFoto

Question about Gillette Reflex

Post01 Oct 2012, 16:26

Hey there. New to the forums but came across them after picking up a Gillette Reflex at a thrift store recently. It's in great shape for the most part and even has the original box. Wasn't working so added two new batteries and it is now sort of working, which is where my question comes from.

It looks like only the stop watch function is working. It has the three button layout like this model: http://retroleds.com/product/nos-gillette-reflex-stopwatch-with-tip-wrist-function/but it is hexagonal in shape. I can get the stop watch function to work when pressing the top right button and the bottom right button but the middle button doesn't seem to do anything and depressing the left hand recessed button doesn't do anything either. So it seems as if the clock function isn't working.

So I wanted to turn to the forum. Is there a secret to the watch that I don't know about? It needs to be programmed but can't seem to get anything to show for the time or date. Anyone with programming tips or if you have a suggestion on why this is happening then let me know. Is it fixable by a regular watch repair shop? (I don't trust myself to attempt it)

For what it's worth, I do like the watch but don't really collect them so I am considering selling the it. Assuming it isn't working properly, what would be a fair price?

Thanks!

Return to All other LED watches