It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 04:49

Weird LED Watch issue

• Author

Skip

Weird LED Watch issue

Post23 Nov 2012, 18:57

Hi all,

I am new here. I bought a vintage LED off eBay for a great price. It isn't a well known brand but cool nontheless. It is a Kingston. Here is the problem. After setting the time - if I leave the watch sitting on my desk it keeps perfect time even days later. However, if I wear it the time malfunctions. I don't think it is because the batteries are loose since it doesn't go blank it just gets reset or jumps to a different time. By the way, I don't know if this is related but since the batteries (I assume are the right ones) are a tiny bit loose I put a thin metal bridge on top of them under the cover to keeps things tight.

Thanks in advance,
Skip

P.S I may not be online to reponed for a couple days.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Weird LED Watch issue

Post07 Jan 2013, 16:03

Skip wrote:Hi all,
I am new here. I bought a vintage LED off eBay for a great price. It isn't a well known brand but cool nontheless. It is a Kingston. Here is the problem. After setting the time - if I leave the watch sitting on my desk it keeps perfect time even days later. However, if I wear it the time malfunctions. I don't think it is because the batteries are loose since it doesn't go blank it just gets reset or jumps to a different time. By the way, I don't know if this is related but since the batteries (I assume are the right ones) are a tiny bit loose I put a thin metal bridge on top of them under the cover to keeps things tight.
Thanks in advance,
Skip
P.S I may not be online to reponed for a couple days.

Apologises for the late response to your question !@@!

I strongly suspect that the watch is making unwanted internal contacts either from the metal bridge that you have inserted across the batteries or from the command or set buttons which might be contacting the module and causing the watch to go into set mode.

Remove the batteries and case back, whilst viewing the back of the watch press in the command and set buttons and make sure that the internal contacts are not touching the contacts on the module when released, also check that the module fits snug in the case as it is possible that it could of been replaced at some stage in its life. If all is well replace the case back but make sure that the metal bridge you are using is not going to touch any of the internal contacts and it is securely in position and is not going to move when the case back is put back on.

You might be able to remove the metal bridge altogether by choosing a different sized battery, if you are using 386 batteries (4.2mm thick) try 357 batteries which are slightly thicker at 5.4mm.

If this fails to remedy the fault please post a couple of photo's of the watch including the module in the case and myself and the other forum members can hopefully help you to fix the fault. The fact that the watch does work leaves me quite optimistic of a successful outcome.

Return to All other LED watches