ALL STAINLESS STEEL

OPTEL is ont the module, on the case and on the bracelet

the glass is mineral

there is 3 buton on 1,3,5

the module is 25mm

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

i have more photos but i don't know how to post more ...

can anybody help me?

I would know if it is posible to make it work again, only the quartz seem to be altered by the acid.

i would know if i have a chance to find a remplacement working module, it seem that the emplacement of the buton are rare for the 25mm module....

thank you for helping me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: LED OPTEL 1975 PRINCETON MODULE 25mm

Post07 Sep 2013, 12:22

azimuth_pl wrote:Interesting to learn how different countries apply alcohol restrictions. If I'm not mistaken in Sweden it's prohibited to buy or even own 90%+ alcohol...while we drink it pure in Eastern Europe ;)
Either way...good to hear that the vinegar, water, alcohol bath serves it's purpose with good results.
A big thumb up to my local friend Witek, an electronics guru, for his simple yet shocking ideas. I remember that I got a few nasty PM's when I shared this solution on the forum some years back. People change I guess :)
For the non-believers and the curious on what vinegar does...well, it's simple mild acid and you easily use lemon juice if nothing else is available, even ketchup would help :)
On the other hand battery acid applied to copper traces and other parts and left to rot for 30 years in result produce alkali residues which usually have the form of green/blue spots on the modules. Even if unvisible they are usually there from mild battery leakages resulting in fumes and transparent acid residues. They are our invisible nightmare that in many cases conduct electricity and create shorts when we don't expect them.
Now...if you have been carefully listening at school in chemistry lessons you would remember that you can fight (neutralize) acid with alkali and viceversa and the end result is....salt.
So...the vinegar removes battery residues, then the water bath removes the salt although there is no harm and then alcohol removes water. No magic, pure chemistry :)
In reference to the trimmer mentioned above...it must have had a build-up of residues in between the conductive layers which where removed by vinegar acid. Turning the trimmer a few times is a very good idea to help remove the residues from the entire surface of the trimmer.

Hi and welcome to the board Gaucelm from all us.

I just copied something (credit to Azimuth_pl) that may apply to you...so first thing to do is clean the module as good as you can. More info on the vinegar you can find all over the board.
Then be sure the batts makes contact and the batts are good.

Remember finding a spare module is not that easy and takes time and effort.

Just give us a yell how you are doing after this :-D and a shot of the watch if possible.
"willkommen"
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to All other LED watches