It is currently 21 May 2024, 16:06

Novus LED

• Author

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Novus LED

Post17 Sep 2013, 20:25

I was rummaging through the layers of things under my desk. (there wás a desk somewhere :oops: ) And I found this Novus with original bracelet (I think) with a very dead NSC module. I found a module I repaired earlier with a new quartz crystal that was sitting in a badly corroded, ugly chrome case. It looks much better in the stainless steel Novus :)

Looks nice on the wrist.

Original bracelet?

bruce wegmann

Pulsar Moderator

Pulsar Moderator

Re: Novus LED

Post17 Sep 2013, 23:13

An interesting and attractive LED display. Very similar to the ones that showed up in some early Pulsar Ladies' models (not the Touch-Command). Aesthetically, I prefer this type over the line-segment displays characteristic of all the later Time Computer watches (too bad I wasn't there making the engineering decision). CompuChron also used this rectangular-dot-segment display in their watches.

dutchsiberia

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post18 Sep 2013, 18:08

I agree, the dot display looks very nice, although the line segmented display seems to be easier to read. (or cheaper to produce?)

Ade51

Wizard

Wizard

Post18 Sep 2013, 21:52

I have the same watch that I got in a job lot with a dead module and replaced it with NSC module from a watch I didn't like. Yours has the same strap as mine so hopefully they are both original. I read somewhere that the NSC modules are quite robust so hopefully should last you quite a while. These are very striking in the 2 tone and I agree are nicer than the SS only version.

Return to All other LED watches