It is currently 21 May 2024, 13:06

"Stuck on stupid"

• Author

LEDman793

Geek

Geek

"Stuck on stupid"

Post08 Oct 2013, 04:56

:-( :x .....all of a sudden my Compu Chron (with Hughes 29mm 3 button module 2 - o'clock and 8 - o'clock with time date and second with colon : in between hour and minutes) date can be read by either pushing time command button twice or the left button at 8'oclock once) anyway the seconds are stuck on all of a sudden pushing buttons does nothing, I tried different batteries, set the watch, 2 or 3 minutes later the date and seconds flash on and off and on and off, then just the seconds continuously...without pushing any buttons,I personally think its possessed!! :bang: Does anyone have a clue??
My life would never be the same without the soft warm glow of happily shining LEDs!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: "Stuck on stupid"

Post08 Oct 2013, 09:16

It could be one of the contact buttons is stuck in and making contact with the module, look inside the watch with the module in situ and check to see if the inside of the command buttons are clear of the module contacts.

LEDman793

Geek

Geek

Post09 Oct 2013, 01:20

Thanks for your help...it seems that a little tinkering with the trimmer has brought everything back to working order. :-D :Prost: :dwf:
My life would never be the same without the soft warm glow of happily shining LEDs!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post10 Oct 2013, 19:07

LEDman793 wrote:Thanks for your help...it seems that a little tinkering with the trimmer has brought everything back to working order. :-D :Prost: :dwf:

I don't think I was much help but I am happy to hear that it is working again :-D

If you got it working by tinkering with the trimmer with the module in the case maybe you moved the module slightly, enough to clear the inner contacts, if it happens again it might still be worth checking this - just a hunch based on my limited tinkering experience.

I have a Hughes module which lights up all the time both in the case and out of the case, tried a bit of tinkering, cleaning up the traces etc but no joy. :-?

Return to All other LED watches