It is currently 10 May 2024, 22:23

"Love and peace" message LED module

• Author

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

"Love and peace" message LED module

Post11 Nov 2013, 15:42

I have a pendant LED watch with a module that shows "Love and peace" as a 2 line message below the time on a seperate button. Unfortunately one segment from the time display is broken. has anyone ever seen such a module? I really like it so much and might consider buying a second one if it's working.

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: "Love and peace" message LED module

Post11 Nov 2013, 20:12

I have seen a few with a two line message at the bottom of the display but none that say "love and peace", the ones I have are more risque....

Uranus Orange 6 ps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richard_uk

Guru

Guru

Post11 Nov 2013, 22:29

Oh no it's the lets f*ck Uranus watch again M:)W:)M

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post11 Nov 2013, 23:01

let's fuck Ur ("Ur"="Your" in bad english read by a foreigner) Anus .. M:)W:)M
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post11 Nov 2013, 23:02

I should take fresh photo's of a different watch, still it does seem to raise a chuckle if nothing else. :lol:

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post11 Nov 2013, 23:32

At least this watch has more of a build up before getting down to asking....

CIMG8352_crop.jpg

Uranus DWG 1.jpg

Uranus 2 (3)_crop_crop.jpg

" I love you, lets fuck ur anus" classy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post12 Nov 2013, 00:18

Haha, never seen that "I love you" one before. Guess you can can call that a multi purpose watch.

But only my "love and Peace" watch is really hippy-esque. maybe imma take some pictures if i have time.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post12 Nov 2013, 22:11

I've always found these LED watches with text messages cool and amusing, especially due to their "explicit" messages. I didn't know that Uranus made message modules too, I thought they were only made by Hughes. :-)
Image Image

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post12 Nov 2013, 23:44

vpn wrote:I've always found these LED watches with text messages cool and amusing, especially due to their "explicit" messages. I didn't know that Uranus made message modules too, I thought they were only made by Hughes. :-)

I am not sure that all these modules are made by Uranus I suspect a lot ended up in their cases as they happen to fit nicely, maybe some one else would be able to offer more information :?:

The Hughes message modules that I have are all regular modules size, shape and layout wise and are interchangeable with any Hughes case with the correct one or two command button configuration and as such are totally different to the ones shown above.

vpn

Wizard

Wizard

Post13 Nov 2013, 17:19

bucko170 wrote:I am not sure that all these modules are made by Uranus I suspect a lot ended up in their cases as they happen to fit nicely, maybe some one else would be able to offer more information :?:

If I remember correctly there were some Korean-made modules that were compatible with those cases, at least with plastic spacers. It'd be interesting to find out more about those modules. :-)

EDIT: After a little search on the forum, I've seen that Ed has a watch with a similar message module, the one with the "30 Yrs. Hoyt" message, it seems to be similar, unless it's from the same maker (Ed thinks it might be made by Exonix).
Image Image

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post13 Nov 2013, 18:16

vpn wrote:........with the "30 Yrs. Hoyt" message, it seems to be similar, unless it's from the same maker (Ed thinks it might be made by Exonix).

That one is now in my possession along with 'No 1 Dad', 'Time To Fuck', 'Lets Fuck' and the one above with the 'I Love You' display at the top and the 'Lets Fuck' display after three presses of the upper command, I cannot remember seeing any makers marks on the modules. :scratch:

I have 17 message modules in total....

The Hughes fixed message modules I have are 'Have A Happy Day', 'Ford For Pres 1976', 'Grad Class Of 1976', 'USA 200 Years 1976', 'Easy Does It' and two with 'Your Place Or Mine' one on a 25mm module and one on a 29mm module. I also have three 29mm programmable Hughes message modules a single command button Sigma watch with a 'Lets Fuck' message and a Pulsar P2 Date with the message 'A 1975 LED Is Fun And Fab' that Hanno created for me.

I like them too. ;-)

Pauly

Geek

Geek

Post14 Nov 2013, 01:34

bucko170 wrote:I have seen a few with a two line message at the bottom of the display but none that say "love and peace", the ones I have are more risque....

Uranus Orange 6 ps.jpg

The fun I could have with that at work. I want one. !@@!

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post14 Nov 2013, 13:17

Pauly wrote:The fun I could have with that at work. I want one. !@@!

The Hughes programmable modules can be fun as they let you input a message containing five letters over five lines, I set mine with the message "Phil You Are A Thick *@&£" then showed it to my work mate Phil with the instruction to press the lower command button - good job he has a sense of humour!

The eagle eyed ones might spot that that is six lines however 'Are A' fits on one line with a blank in between the words. ~:( :grin1:

I have mine programmed to show 'Who's Your Daddy Now Bitch', 'Bite Micks Shiny Metal Arse' (from Futurama) and 'Smile, Relax And Stay Calm' (for when I'm stressed), my favourite is 'Who's your daddy...." it's time for a change with the other two - when I can think up another message! :scratch:

I have posted some video's of the fixed message modules here......viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6819

I have posted video's of the programmable message modules here......viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6820

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post14 Nov 2013, 23:58

Bucko you made me browse your gallery here - and I came to the conclusion that you have nearly every LED watch that i ever wanted. Kudos for the "Lamp japan" greenie. - never seen that before. I guess you only need the Benrus and Sanyo greenies and you have all that were ever made... :-D

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post15 Nov 2013, 00:18

fronzelneekburm wrote:Bucko you made me browse your gallery here - and I came to the conclusion that you have nearly every LED watch that i ever wanted. Kudos for the "Lamp japan" greenie. - never seen that before. I guess you only need the Benrus and Sanyo greenies and you have all that were ever made... :-D

Cheers Fronz' and welcome back - I have two Sanyo greenies in Compuchron LED's and the Lamp also contains a Sanyo module (is that what you meant?) I have never heard of a Benrus greenie before?

I photo shopped a couple to see what could have been, I've posted these a couple of times before but you might not have seen them.....

Pulsar duo PS DWF.jpg

Accurist 11 (2) Green DWF.jpg

These are the real ones.......

Green LED collection crop2.jpg

Pauly

Geek

Geek

Post15 Nov 2013, 01:28

Thanks for the info Mick. I will be on the lookout for one of those.
I too have just had a look through your gallery and I must say that you have some lovely and unusual watches.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 01:01

Nah i meant a Sanyo branded watch. Mr. Ulrich Sick had one. Maybe message him, since he is already selling his P1 he might part with other treasures as well i guess.

Ah the Benrus. Well at least I think it's a Benrus since it has that triangle mark with a dot in it. Isn't that benrus? Ah i never get to take photos.... Maybe i can spare some time tomorrow or so...

Ah and nearly forgot - there is also the Argentronic. Definitely an underdog if ya ask me...

http://www.digitalwatches.de/Archiv/A_A ... _green.htm

the Longines was only a prototype, so prolly impossible to get. Dr. Wenzig is the only one i know who has it (Why did the Germans grab so many greenies?)

http://www.digitalwatches.de/LED_Uhren/ ... merald.htm

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 02:12

fronzelneekburm wrote:Nah i meant a Sanyo branded watch. Mr. Ulrich Sick had one.....

I have not seen that one before.

fronzelneekburm wrote:.... Ah the Benrus. Well at least I think it's a Benrus since it has that triangle mark with a dot in it. Isn't that benrus?

I don't know for sure, I have this Benrus box with a cross in a box logo?...

ZZZ.jpg

Update, just found this logo which matches your description on the back of a Benrus caseback....

Benrus x5_crop.jpg

fronzelneekburm wrote:...Ah and nearly forgot - there is also the Argentronic. Definitely an underdog if ya ask me........the Longines was only a prototype

I had seen the Argentronic on P. Wenzig's site but I must of overlooked the Longines greenie as it looks identical to the red version maybe he photo shopped it the same way I did (joke) :grin1: Wow that watch is super cool, the red version is hard enough to get hold of - so not much chance of getting hold of the green one!

fronzelneekburm wrote:Why did the Germans grab so many greenies?)

They must be more savvy than the rest of us. ;-)

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 13:12

Hmmmm i guess then i really dunno. All i can see on the back is a triangle with a dot in it. Oh wait yours has that logo on the back! SO is it a Benrus then? My wife wanna go and eat Sushi with me, but maybe i can take some pics later on. I also still owe you pics of my Love and Peace module.

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 13:24

And since i liked your photoshops here is a gimp-edit by me... :-D

iloveyouwatch.jpg

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 13:48

I am looking forward to seeing the 'Love And Peace' photo's. :-)

The message looks good in green doesn't it! 8-)

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post16 Nov 2013, 19:48

Ah I'm dumb. Actually i wanted to put my compuchron green module into the "Benrus" for a photo. When i took of the back the first surprise - inside its stamped "Marcel watch company switzerland", so well it's actually a green "Marcel". Well.

Second surprise: The compuchron (Sanyo) Module doesn't fit. It's like a milimeter too big and the Marcel only has 2 bouttons (The sanyo one has 4). Surprise to me since i thought there was only the Sanyo module.

marcelgreenie.JPG

Oh yeah and a picture of my hippie watch:

lonenpeace.JPG
Next

Return to All other LED watches