It is currently 13 May 2024, 04:20

HUGHES led calculator Q

• Author

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

HUGHES led calculator Q

Post15 Mar 2014, 04:42

Got my first Hughes calculator yesterday from a girl from Alaska, 275.00 US dollars I think was a good price for a working piece and is in great condition.
On an Email she said it worked that just need batteries, it was true, somehow when I got it it had new batteries but the caseback was screwed in top to bottom
and the battery holes where off center. It has 4 screw in hatches and it says "DISPLAY" did all the Hughes ones have display written on the caseback?
Also I have no manual but I know by pushing C it goes into calculator mode and pushing time pusher goes back to time or leaving the display lit it will go off in a couple of seconds. Thanks Peter [CRAZYWATCHES] but the estrange thing is that if I push the time pusher to go off calculator all the digits go crazy like all segment going in circles for like a second to end back to the original display then display goes off calculator mode.. pushing C to clear and wait 2 seconds to go off seems to work better. everything works great except this. any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: HUGHES led calculator Q

Post15 Mar 2014, 11:19

great catch for sure :-D
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post15 Mar 2014, 11:59

Phasar66 wrote:Got my first Hughes calculator yesterday from a girl from Alaska, 275.00 US dollars I think was a good price for a working piece and is in great condition.......

I would say 'congratulations' that is a bargain price! :-)

Phasar66 wrote:........It has 4 screw in hatches and it says "DISPLAY" did all the Hughes ones have display written on the caseback?

Both mine have 'Display' stamped on the case backs, not because the watches were display models (as I first thought might be the case :oops: ) it's because the lower batteries power the display.

Phasar66 wrote:.....the strange thing is that if I push the time pusher to go off calculator all the digits go crazy like all segment going in circles for like a second to end back to the original display then display goes off calculator mode.. pushing C to clear and wait 2 seconds to go off seems to work better. everything works great except this. any thoughts?

Mine do this too, I have had my gold filled one for several years and it is still working despite this so I figure it is just a quirk of the watch and nothing to worry about although I do avoid deliberately making the display go nuts - just in case. ~:(

azimuth_pl

Guru

Guru

Post15 Mar 2014, 14:42

Congrats!
Some of these do go into that weird flickering mode due to some internal shorts.
I would not worry for now so enjoy the watch.
"The first and still only LED watch maniac in the East Block" - www.crazywatches.pl

Phasar66

Wizard

Wizard

Post16 Mar 2014, 06:34

Thanks guys, I also thought a got a Display model but now it makes sense having 4 hatches and the two lower ones power the display, I like this caseback batter than having the single door or the the one that snaps to the case. also I hear that there are other revisions to the module with dow, probably the very last ones did.

From now on I will just let the display go of calculator mode after pressing C and forget about pushing the time pusher, just in case like Mick said. Yes is true that quality wise in not to Pulsar or HH1 standards but is a nice chunk of metal just 18g heavier than Pulsar with good presence on the wrist and attention getter.

Return to All other LED watches