It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:53

Bulova Driver replated in heavy rose gold.

• Author

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Bulova Driver replated in heavy rose gold.

Post21 Feb 2015, 09:46

I purchased about 15 watches at 10 dollars a piece from a watch repair jewellers that was going out of business in Victoria, B.C. Included in that group was an:

1. Accutron 666 diver with black dial. This watch ran but stopped at the date change at 24:00. Turns out it was a bad attempt at a repair and the wrong date ring was installed. The watch was diassembled, cleaned, new crystal, new date ring, new index wheel. Case was polished and finished with a brushed finish.

2. Bulova LCD early model. Love the textured bezel. Battery compartment was contaminated by leaky batteries. Otherwise the case and module were perfect. After cleaning the module the watch fired up.

3. Timex LED with corroded battery terminals and mint case. Cleaned up terminals, installed batteries and another watch saved from the garbage pile.

4. Seiko World timer with stuck setting pusher. Removed all pushers and cleaned and silicon greased them. Watch works perfectly.

As promised, the Bulova Driver replated in rose gold; I have included a yellow gold version for comparison:

Cheers all, Geoff

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Bulova Driver replated in heavy rose gold.

Post21 Feb 2015, 10:19

Wow, nice job, if that had been me, they'd all be duffers. Love rose gold.Timex led looks very nice condition

767Geoff

Techno Mage

Techno Mage

Post21 Feb 2015, 17:51

Thanks!

Interestingly the Bulova LCD and Timex are flawless. The Bulova still had Bulova batteries in it. I think what happened with these two is when the batteries failed the first time the watches were put away. Thus the cases survived but the modules suffered.

:eek:

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Post23 Feb 2015, 09:15

Nice result. How do you determine if someone can do a good job of replaying in rose gold (i.e. what do you look/ask for)?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Post18 Feb 2016, 22:20

i must have missed this one...great restoration Geoff. 10 dollar each..wow..impossible to find something like that over here. very nice Bulova drivers.
Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

Return to All other LED watches