Need Help Identifying LED Model

• Author

Your Watch Says?

Nerd

Nerd

Need Help Identifying LED Model

Post14 May 2015, 01:55

Hey all.

When my brother turned 12 in 1978 my mother took him to Consumers to buy a watch. He really wanted one of the new Casio LCD watches, but they were a King's ransom. My brother picked an LED watch because it was the cheapest and he knew our parents didn't have a lot to spend.

Fast forward to 1985 and my brother gives me that watch when I turned 12. I loved that watch and was fascinated by the LED readout, and the fact that my older brother gave it to me.

All the kids in my class were smug when they told me my watch was "broken" and I was even more smug when I pressed the button the dial lit up. They all thought it was awesome.

Unfortunately someone liked it so much that it was stolen from my teachers desk when I asked her to hold onto it for me during recess.

It was a metal case and bracelet, with a folding buckle. The case and bracelet were all black. The blades on the clasp were uncoated steel. It was a larger sized case and was pretty substantial on my wrist. I think the button which was white metal was located at the 2 o'clock position. Pushing the button showed the time and then the seconds. That is all I remember about the watch.

Any ideas?

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Re: Need Help Identifying LED Model

Post15 May 2015, 16:08

The cheap price maybe suggests a Texas Instruments?

You could have a browse through the photos on this web-site and see if you can spot it http://www.ledwatches.net/photos-n-z.htm

Return to All other LED watches