It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 01:10

Heuer LED Watch

• Author

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Heuer LED Watch

Post05 Feb 2016, 09:27

This is a Heuer LED watch that might be of interest. The Heuer logo is etched into the metal and module is marked Heuer. Im guessing the module is a rebadged Frontier(?) module and features time, date and seconds. The Heuer logo was presented in this style (offset to the side of the case) on a rebadged LCD watch in a similar way (see photo below - I think Quartzmatic had that model?).

I recall seeing this LED watch somewhere before but it doesnt seem to be in the books by Doensen or Wenzig, anyone here have any idea?

Kasper

Guru

Guru

Re: Heuer LED Watch

Post06 Feb 2016, 13:10

i have this one in my collection..almost the same.

Hey you all...this board is FREE and without ADS, so at least post something every now and then to show your appreciation.

Get the latest active topics of the board here.
http://www.newdwf.com/search.php?search_id=active_topics

- Kasper -

bucko170

Guru

Guru

Post06 Feb 2016, 15:20

I am not trying to cause offence but is the watch an authentic Heuer?
It looks a very plain watch and I imagine it would be easy enough for any unscrupulous person to fake the logo and add a few stickers. :scratch:

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Post06 Feb 2016, 18:16

Very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if this was basically the same base model with some rebadging by Heuer. I need to rummage through my collection to see if I can find a Quartzmatic I own which I think looks like the one shown in the Heuer brochure

Kasper wrote:i have this one in my collection..almost the same.

wzy-hman

Techie

Techie

Post06 Feb 2016, 18:33

No worries, I can understand where you are coming from. The logo is etched on to the watch and the module has a 'plate' with the logo stuck onto it, similar to the ones attached on Breitling and Longines modules on their early LED and LCD watches if you know what I mean. There is only one way to truly authenticate this model and that's if it's featured in printed material like the LCD one. I do recall seeing this watch or something very similar but can't recall where now (I had originally thought on Peter Wenzig's site or in his book), hence my request to see if any forum member might have the info. For certain this is a rebadge at most, much like the Jaeger LeCoultre LED which was effectively a wholesale rebadge of a Wittnauer. If it is genuine then it almost certainly is of a time when the Swiss watch makers were scrambling for quick ways to fill in the holes in their LED/LCD watch offerings, and isn't of the same class as the Chronospilts or GP Casquette which featured in-house movements as well as casing, etc

bucko170 wrote:I am not trying to cause offence but is the watch an authentic Heuer?
It looks a very plain watch and I imagine it would be easy enough for any unscrupulous person to fake the logo and add a few stickers. :scratch:

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Post06 Feb 2016, 19:53

If you go to the Heuer aficionados site "On the Dash" they have copies of most of the sales brochures from 70s, never seen that watch in there though :eek:

Ole Joe

Geek

Geek

Post07 Feb 2016, 02:20

[quote="wzy-hman"]This is a Heuer LED watch that might be of interest. The Heuer logo is etched into the metal and module is marked Heuer. Im guessing the module is a rebadged Frontier(?) module and features time, date and seconds.

Frontier never used a battery clip like shown in the picture in post #1, nor did we ever use metal contacts for the push buttons other than the modules made for Hamilton and Omega that I'm aware of. I also notice that the module shown has a Tuning Fork crystal installed which Frontier never used in any production LED product.

Joe

Return to All other LED watches