Uranus Vertical display LED watch

• Author

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Uranus Vertical display LED watch

Post26 Apr 2016, 21:23

Yeah, YOUR ANUS! I know...

Any ideas, comments or wishes? I was thinking about trying to bring this one back to life...

So far once i inserted new batteries only one digit lit up... Well so that means it's not a completeley hopeless case i guess.

I thought about it a bit, but being the drunkard I am the only thing i could come up with was "have another beer". but even after a dozen that didn't help.

Try some washing? Any other idea? I prolly have to crack open the module to see more of it i fear.

I know - good old "YOUR ANUS" jokes. heard them. I know... But still pretty cool watch. Not many vertical display watches around. Coming to think of it - this is the only one i ever came across. And oh boy, i have seen plenty.

DISCUSS!

uranus1.JPG

uranus2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gjlelec

Wizard

Wizard

Re: Uranus Vertical display LED watch

Post28 Apr 2016, 21:15

With its exposed wirebonds, probably the most fragile modules ever, rare though. Good luck

fronzelneekburm

Guru

Guru

Post28 Apr 2016, 23:52

gjlelec wrote:With its exposed wirebonds, probably the most fragile modules ever, rare though. Good luck

I guess that makes it worthy being in the Uranus family which has a history of "complicated and fragile" modules. I still tend to the washing method, gonna have to open up the module anyways.

Also cool - the stupid little spring for having contact to the front of the case (Which is made from easy oxidating sterling silver) . Never seen that before i must admit.

retroleds

Guru

Guru

• Location: Surrounded by hicks and sticks (farms and woods) - Michigan,USA

Post27 May 2016, 20:17

Cool - the ladies movement. I have(had?) a couple of those here. Not a worker in the bunch - all rotted out. But they had cased them in nice solid sterling cases made in Italy. Weird company that Uranus
http://www.retroleds.com - Sales of vintage LED, LCD, analog watches, parts and gadgets - repair tutorials & tips
Nov. 2022 - back in business!! BItter divorce is in home stretch, come grabs some great deals, I had to open the safe . . . damn attorneys. piss.

Return to All other LED watches