Looking for a pushbutton for my Wittnauer Polara

• Author

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Looking for a pushbutton for my Wittnauer Polara

Post08 Oct 2020, 16:11

Hi gang,

I recently acquired a nice looking Wittnauer Polara on eBay, and while the watch works okay for the most part, it does need another pushbutton. Every time the button is pressed it sticks, with a definite "click" to it, and will not pop back out on its' own, not without grasping it and pulling it out. Anyway, I have tried every product that I can think of;...WD-40, 3-in-1 oil, electronic contact cleaner, etc., and it just will NOT work smoothly, anymore. So, I was wondering if anyone on here knew where I could get another button, for it? I thought about taking a button from another watch and using that, but, I hate to scavenge a button from another Wittnauer, just for the sake of replacing the sticky button, on this watch. Besides, it would probably be just my luck that I'd damage it, while trying to remove the button from the donor watch :roll: .

Thanks,
Charles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dodger1954

Geek

Geek

Re: Looking for a pushbutton for my Wittnauer Polara

Post09 Oct 2020, 00:14

Hey guys, just a little follow-up;...I decided to give it one last try with solvents & etc., and when that still didn't work, I figured I'd go ahead and remove the defective button, since I was going to get another one, even if it meant scavenging a button from another watch which I already had. But, surprisingly, after giving the button a couple of raps from the inside with a punch tool, it suddenly decided to work, and moves rather smoothly now, retracting as it should, when the button is released. So, all's well that ends well.. 8-)

Thanks,
Charles

Return to All other LED watches